“Scream and Shout” (Beatles) on Roku Channel

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
I came across this documentary that I’d never heard of before. It covers The Beatles’ 1964 US tour (not the Sullivan appearances early that year but a longer set of shows).

Interesting for fans. The only odd stuff is the inclusion of songs that sound Beatle-like (but not them) throughout. Otherwise lots of footage new to me.

:biggrin:thankyou steelyman :clap: thankyouverymuch!
Certainly outside mass medias widely exposed mantra of "The Beatles".

I recall seeing both, and their "FabFour" Tribute bands presentations seemed so much better than their actual concerts.
There were somany people @ concerts, akin to playoff games x10!

Good luck & Best wishes.....

Last edited:
Thanks steely, I never would have found that and we browse the Roku Channel about once a week. Watching now. Still the greatest band ever IMO.

Last edited:
Coincidentally, Hulu began running a brief series of interviews with Sir Paul. I’m only one episode in but so far “McCartney 3-2-1” is interesting.

...The only odd stuff is the inclusion of songs that sound Beatle-like (but not them) throughout. Otherwise lots of footage new to me.
Virtually all Beatles-related documentaries use sound-alike music because The Beatles/Apple Corp don't allow use of their official music (without paying a hefty fee per song). You'll find true Beatles music only in officially sanctioned films or those willing to pay the huge fee.

If you ever want to hear a group play the Beatles songs as Beatles-like as possible, check out the Analogues on Youtube.

They have done careful research and use the types/makes of instruments the Beatles did. Bear in mind that a good part of the unique Beatles sound was the result of George Martin and others at Abby Road Studios using a variety of techniques to alter the sounds recorded on tape and it is quite difficult to recreate live on stage.

If you ever want to hear a group play the Beatles songs as Beatles-like as possible, check out the Analogues on Youtube.

They have done careful research and use the types/makes of instruments the Beatles did. Bear in mind that a good part of the unique Beatles sound was the result of George Martin and others at Abby Road Studios using a variety of techniques to alter the sounds recorded on tape and it is quite difficult to recreate live on stage.

Only part way through, but these guys are really good. Thanks for the link.

Back
Top Bottom