1 Month Update

Glad to see you are enjoying your retirement. I'm almost 8 months into retirement now, and it's been everything I knew it would be. For the first month or so, I mostly kept busy with long put-off house projects that I could do myself, since it was January, and I wanted to get them out of the way before nicer weather arrived. That worked out well, because I was waking up at my usual (early) work time anyway, and I just used the time to work around the house most days. We took a 2-week break in February and went down to the Fla. panhandle for relaxation and some fishing and sightseeing. After that, we came home and I hired out a couple other home-improvement jobs I did not want to tackle myself. Got those completed by around April, and then the real fun began. We've had a very busy spring summer......lots more time than ever before for things like gardening, boating, fishing, spending time at our lake cottage, a little more traveling around the Midwest, music concerts, hanging out with friends, cooking, food preservation, making wine, several volunteer activities, etc, etc.. We've had a great summer, and it's not over yet. I'm in better physical shape than I was a year ago (I walk more, eat better, get more restful sleep, and my BP is lower). I honestly cannot imagine going back to work at this point.....my life is so much richer now.

Glad to see you are enjoying your retirement. I'm almost 8 months into retirement now, and it's been everything I knew it would be. For the first month or so, I mostly kept busy with long put-off house projects that I could do myself, since it was January, and I wanted to get them out of the way before nicer weather arrived. That worked out well, because I was waking up at my usual (early) work time anyway, and I just used the time to work around the house most days. We took a 2-week break in February and went down to the Fla. panhandle for relaxation and some fishing and sightseeing. After that, we came home and I hired out a couple other home-improvement jobs I did not want to tackle myself. Got those completed by around April, and then the real fun began. We've had a very busy spring summer......lots more time than ever before for things like gardening, boating, fishing, spending time at our lake cottage, a little more traveling around the Midwest, music concerts, hanging out with friends, cooking, food preservation, making wine, several volunteer activities, etc, etc.. We've had a great summer, and it's not over yet. I'm in better physical shape than I was a year ago (I walk more, eat better, get more restful sleep, and my BP is lower). I honestly cannot imagine going back to work at this point.....my life is so much richer now.

Glad to know it just keeps getting better. My birthday was Sunday and I used to make a big deal out of it. Took the day off work, lounged in the pool and drank beer, watched a favorite movie while finishing off a special bottle of wine and then dipped into a bottle of scotch. This year, I just wasn't motivated to do all that. I had fun, but I finally figured out it was because I can do that stuff, and more, everyday know. I don't have to cram all the fun stuff into a day here or a week there. It was a neat feeling.

Back
Top Bottom