10-Year Difference in Ages

Looking at the title, she could have been dating a 12 year old... count your blessings T-Al!

Anyway, DW and I are just over a year apart - but there are certainly more important things in a relationship, and I know a few happy couples with a 10 year delta. She probably needs to proceed with just a small extra bit of caution - there is just a big difference in life experiences between the two, but it's just that, a difference, not good or bad.

As you know, all you can do is trust her and listen for any clues one way or the other.

-ERD50

10 years diffenence is all in the age. An 18 year old dating an 8 year old, well, enough said! However, no one would blink an eye at a 72 year old and a 62 year old. There are, I would think, a lot more things to worry about. Religion, financial since, debt, spending habits, desire for kids, ability to be away from family, ability to cope with spouse being gone. Good thing he is a 32 year old Major with most likely less than 10 years to go in the service, and as noted on this board, Military Retirees do all right in FIRE.

I´m almost 9 years older than my wife. And we got married 6 years ago. I look much older than her.

I hate to admit this, but I don't think age matters until you get old. I've been happily married for 40 years and DH is 4.5 years older. I'm 63 and if I were out looking for a husband today, I'd never look at anyone over 55. I hope I never have to be looking, but if I did.........

Back
Top Bottom