1WTC

obgyn65

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was in New York last week for a couple of days. Since I had not been there for a few years, I asked the cab driver to stop at the Word Trade Center site for a few minutes to pay my respects. Took a picture of the new One World Trade Center - being built. It is beautiful - just wanted to share the picture.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Impressive, and very good looking.
Where I grew up, we could just barely see the Manhattan skyline on the horizon, and I watched them building the World Trade Center. At the time, we all thought the twin towers were ugly, in comparison to the Empire State Building.

But when I finally got a chance to really visit the WTC in the 1970s, I changed my mind. I had an appointment with a business that was on a high floor (seems to me it was above the 60th floor), and the view was just incredible. The entire complex was very impressive, and rather good looking in a modern sort of way.

I'm glad it's being replaced by this building. My best friend's daughter narrowly escaped death that day because she was a a few minutes late getting to work on 9/11/01. Reconstruction is so much more satisfying than mourning over a scar.

Nice pic - and it's neat to see it from a perspective that you normally don't see (usually pics are from a horizon view with all the other buildings). Thanks for sharing it!

What's the current thinking on whether it is an obvious target for terrorists? Wouldn't you think about that if you worked there?

What's the current thinking on whether it is an obvious target for terrorists? Wouldn't you think about that if you worked there?

I would never, under any circumstances work or otherwise set foot in that building. I imagine there are millions of people who feel the same. Wonder who they will rent the space to?

brewer12345 said:
I would never, under any circumstances work or otherwise set foot in that building. I imagine there are millions of people who feel the same. Wonder who they will rent the space to?

Maybe that should be the HQ for the department of Homeland Security.

Wow, what a stunning photo - - thanks, obgyn65!! Just looking at it does give one hope for the future after this heartbreaking disaster.

Nice, thanks for sharing that pic. My former mega corp was Hq'd in midtown, and I used to take frequent trips there, both before and after the attack. It was always very disturbing looking south and seeing the void left by the Towers.

Back
Top Bottom