2022 Tax Program Deals

... I wonder if the code by mail was if you were not logged in while shopping? Code by mail seems weird.

Yes, I was logged in. I believe so, because not being a Prime member I had to buy above $25 to get free shipping. I had to look in my past orders for a garden product to add to this order.

I think perhaps they already prepared some "code by mail" packages, and wanted to get rid of them first.

Several years ago [ 2020, 2021 ] I wrote a PC utility that helps out H&R Block users by removing the annoying draft form messages on the PDF output. I just tried it again this year, and it still works.

H&R Block plasters a "draft form" message 4 times per page, oftentimes obscuring the values on the form. I wrote a quickie for myself, and figured I'd let the folks here use it (if they trusted me to run code on their machine). All this does is read a PDF and remove any text larger than 16, writing out to a separate file.

You put the HRBlock.pdf in a folder with RemoveBigText.exe, then run it with an output file name:

RemoveBigText HRBlock.pdf HRBlockCleaned.pdf

Google will warn you that it's an exe and might harm your computer. If you code yourself, I'll give you the source code.

attachment.php

OK so I bought the program from Newegg....went to the download page and filled everything in and nothing....does the captcha figure that appears in the corner have anything to do with it? I hover over the "next" button and it tells me to "please fill in all the required fields"....I filled in the activation code and my email address (twice)....I must be an idiot!

OK so I bought the program from Newegg....went to the download page and filled everything in and nothing....does the captcha figure that appears in the corner have anything to do with it? I hover over the "next" button and it tells me to "please fill in all the required fields"....I filled in the activation code and my email address (twice)....I must be an idiot!

I wonder if you actually bought it. Certainly you have to use the Captcha field to complete it. I think you need to verify whether your credit card was actually charged, because from what you've posted it sounds to me like your purchase was not completed.

Perhaps your entries for OS, Product, etc didn't match what the activation key was programmed for.
Look at your email with your order and see if it matches your entries.

Work ok for me first try.
First email was from newegg with download link that worked after my inputs.
2nd email was from H&R block with just a download button on the email and no inputs.

Last edited:

Did you put in a space or - in the activation code field, as it should NOT have any.
Maybe try another browser, or turn off popup blocking as that might be stopping the captcha .

I FIGURED IT OUT!! I was copying and pasting the product activation code.... evidently a no-no...so it would not show as completed...as soon as I TYPED it in PRESTO it worked! Thanks to those that tried to help....now on to the taxes!

I FIGURED IT OUT!! I was copying and pasting the product activation code.... evidently a no-no...so it would not show as completed...as soon as I TYPED it in PRESTO it worked! Thanks to those that tried to help....now on to the taxes!

I've had that happen too. If you paste it in and then just put a space on the end and then backspace to delete the space, it will usually go through. The other thing they do is not let you use the right click on the mouse to do the pasting. However, if you use Ctrl+V, that usually works.

I had similar problem when I cut and pasted the activation key. I had to type it in manually.

EDIT: I see I was too late and you figured it out on your own.

I loaded the program and fired it up. All seems well. Next scheduled update is 01/05/2023.

Last edited:
You're going to hate this, but I copy/pasted the key and it worked perfectly for me.

I understand the issue, because I've had the same problem a number of times on other websites, where I HAD to type in a number manually. So in this case I think it's pretty clear that your computer simply had it in for you that day!
:LOL:

You're going to hate this, but I copy/pasted the key and it worked perfectly for me.
Cut and paste worked for me too but I was buying/downloading TT (Not H&R Block)

Great.

This is a common issue I've seen on many sites, so remember it for later :flowers:

Same here, plus I got the $10 Amazon gift card. Thanks to everybody for posting the deals.
Missed it asleep at the wheel. Hopefully that deal will appear again and I will notice...:facepalm: I've gotten the low price + $10 Amazon gift card each of the last few years. I use TT Premier download (don't have any "drives" anymore).

On Friday, went to Amazon and saw H&R Tax Deluxe+State for $22.49.

Weird thing is the above price was for "Physical code by mail". "Code by email" was $10 more. Crazy pricing? Well, I can wait 1 week to save $10.

Later, went back and look. No more "Physical code by mail". "Code by email" is now $22.49, but I already ordered.

I got the silly "Code by snail mail" yesterday, 6 days after ordering because I am not a Prime member. Just a card with the code printed on it. IIRC, they used to send out software on a DVD or CD with snail mail.

Tomorrow, I will install the software and start to enter data to figure out how much to do Roth conversion.

TT Deluxe Fed & State $35.99 download at BigHomeTax.com.

FYI, TT just pushed out a big update (today?). Things like 401k/IRA and Medical inputs are now available. Got it this morning and now I can complete my 2022 taxes. Of course YMMV.

Has anyone found where Fidelity is "hiding" the link this year for access free Premier version of 2021 TT?
I asked Fidelity via chat and the rep said I had to ask my Private Client rep for it. I have found he is usually too busy to deal with admin questions.

Has anyone found where Fidelity is "hiding" the link this year for access free Premier version of 2021 TT?
I asked Fidelity via chat and the rep said I had to ask my Private Client rep for it. I have found he is usually too busy to deal with admin questions.

Looks like they went cheap. instead of free its $20 off.
But that may be for the peons while the preferred clients still get it free...
https://www.fidelity.com/tax-information/turbotax-discount/overview

I think the $20 off coupon for Fido Turbotax is a standard offering. Not sure when the “free to some clients” deal is available, but it seems a bit early yet.

Too early yet.

I think the $20 off coupon for Fido Turbotax is a standard offering. Not sure when the “free to some clients” deal is available, but it seems a bit early yet.
Dec 15 or thereabouts I think.

In the past several years it has always been Dec 15th or later. I believe one year it was very late in the month. So I wouldn't expect to see it for at least another week.

Back
Top Bottom