2022 Tax Program Deals

I too called Fidelity and was told they no longer provide turbotax for free (back office), but I could get the deluxe version for $30. Then I saw this thread and went back to my fidelity account and noticed I had no assigned advisor for the first time in 20 years. I can't believe fidelity would play a game with their premium clients over $30 (and trying to get you to use an advisor). I have met with several Fidelity advisors over the years and really got nothing from it. I have always thought highly of Fidelity up until now.

I too called Fidelity and was told they no longer provide turbotax for free (back office), but I could get the deluxe version for $30. Then I saw this thread ...... I have always thought highly of Fidelity up until now.

On the Beta view of the Summary page if you have private client status;

Get TurboTax® Premier free
Receive a free federal and state tax return
TurboTax® will automatically import your Fidelity account info
Get your refund quickly by direct depositing into your Fidelity account
Get started now

On the Beta view of the Summary page if you have private client status;

Get TurboTax® Premier free
Receive a free federal and state tax return
TurboTax® will automatically import your Fidelity account info
Get your refund quickly by direct depositing into your Fidelity account
Get started now

tried beta and non- beta version and nothing at the bottom of the summary page (which is where it also has been in past years). Do you show to have an advisor? I never asked for an advisor in the past, but was always assigned one. thanks,

Our Fido guy quit and we were assigned a new Private Client guy, nice enough but not needed. If you do not see private client, then likely you will not get the free offer link. If I were in your shoes, I would call and get someone assigned and suggest to them that Schwab would offer you $2500 (or whatever you can get) to move over to the dark side.

I got a survey from Fidelity on my call inquiring about the free turbo tax. In the comments section, I mentioned that it seemed like some big secret as to who gets the offer that Fidelity reps either couldn't or wouldn't answer. Not expecting a reply, but if I do get one, I'll share what they say. Seems like they are ticking off some clients with their stance on this.

TurboTax Premier - To download or work on line

Last few years, we have been using TurboTax Premier CD Version in the interest of Privacy concerns over with internet.

As the CDs are taking up space in the drawer we are now looking into buying the software version.

1) We will probably buy the TT Download Premier (vs Online), but I want to confirm ?

2) Should we buy it from Costco vs Amazon ?
Did I hear Amazon keeps the TT download in your orders for future use just in case

I will appreciate your replies

Last few years, we have been using TurboTax Premier CD Version in the interest of Privacy concerns over with internet.

As the CDs are taking up space in the drawer we are now looking into buying the software version.

1) We will probably buy the TT Download Premier (vs Online), but I want to confirm ?

Did I hear Amazon keeps the TT download in your orders for future use just in case

I suspect you may be misunderstanding the process.

The CD installs the application on your machine, and that application is then updated continually online. There is no need to keep the CD if you don't want to; just be sure to back up your machine regularly.

The download version is also just an installer, same as the CD.

When first installed, either by CD or download, what you have is a woefully incomplete application. There are so many updates applied, all through tax season and beyond, that it's really pointless IMHO to hang onto the installers.

And the key thing is the license key, not the installer.

You can download the installer from TurboTax's website all the time.

But the software doesn't work until you enter the key.

You just need the key, which is on the CD jewel box insert or when you purchase online, they will email you a key to enter.

I understand there is an Website Version also, which I meant by saying online .

Yes, as we did the updates on the CD version, we will do the online updates to the downloaded version after we buy it.

I will do the download,

Thanks

Got HRB Deluxe w/State for $20 through Newegg. I just finished compiling both my federal and state but haven't filed yet...filing federal is free but filing state (IN) has a $19.95 fee?!! I guess the "with state" means you're able to calculate your state taxes w/their SW but can't file it for free (unless I'm missing something). I don't see anywhere on the state filing page to enter my activation code or anything like that. SMH.

Correct, editions with the State allow you to carry details over to the state return and complete it.
Then you can print and mail it to the State for free, or pay the $19.95 to e-file the state.

All HRB editions include 5 free Federal e-filings.

You can do a HUGE number (100?) of Fed and State returns and mail each one for free.

Regarding who to buy from, I would ONLY download from a vendor that is on the TT website list. I know Amazon is, I suspect Costco is. There are others as well. On occasion I have searched and seen other vendors with super low prices, but I have never heard of them, and they are not on the list. No Thanks.

Newegg has HR Block Deluxe for $15 without State right now, code is on the site for the special price.

Went to the Newegg site but they wanted me to register. Rather than register for yet another website I thought I would use the discount card that HRB sent me in the mail. $5 more. Both cards did not work! Expiration was the end of February.
Went to Newegg, registered and saved some money. Everything worked out fine. Thanks for the link.

Just got email from TT warning to file by end of this month — 4 days left.

Their online products prices are going up.

So e-filing prices to be raised in 5 days? Fidelity said their final 1099s my not be ready until March 5.

Just got email from TT warning to file by end of this month — 4 days left.

Their online products prices are going up.

So e-filing prices to be raised in 5 days? Fidelity said their final 1099s my not be ready until March 5.

Received the same email. It says the price of their online products are going up after the 28th. I do not think the $20 fee to e-file to a state is increasing.

The thing I don't like about using their online product in the past is that I never knew what the price would be until I was ready to file. It always ended up costing more than the cd/download. (I also hated how I couldn't figure out how to look at the actual forms while using the online product.)

So now I download TT at the end of the year when they have their sale on Amazon. Except for this year, was the first year I was offered $5 download from Fidelity, so used that offer instead.

Hmm, didn't know that they didn't show the price until you filed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom