2023 Black Friday Streaming Deals

When I checked my nearest store it showed unavailable but when I clicked in the box it then notified will be available for pickup tomorrow at another local store and then it let me proceed to order it if I wanted.

Yes, I could have it delivered to store but they only hold it for five days and we are scheduled to go to the "big city" on Dec 7 for Costco snow tires. It isn't worth the drive before then.

Too many Hulus!

I have too many Hulus. I got confused. :facepalm:

Through the years, I've used 4 different emails for Hulu. I have now lost track which one is active.

After a bit of studying and going to email accounts I never read, I realized that my main account was attached to an old Hulu that "expired," and they offered me the $0.99 for this year.

So I just got it, and it is on my main account. I don't have to remember anything for another year.:LOL: As a bonus, I canceled my active hulu (at $3 a month) with just one day to go. Score!

I have too many Hulus. I got confused. :facepalm:

Through the years, I've used 4 different emails for Hulu. I have now lost track which one is active.

After a bit of studying and going to email accounts I never read, I realized that my main account was attached to an old Hulu that "expired," and they offered me the $0.99 for this year.

So I just got it, and it is on my main account. I don't have to remember anything for another year.:LOL: As a bonus, I canceled my active hulu (at $3 a month) with just one day to go. Score!

I did not renew my 99¢ HULU service because full price is too much to pay given all the advertisements. That was a year ago. However using the same email I did get the 99¢ deal again this year. That’s about all it’s worth to me since most of the shows are old things that have already been on FREE TV, and the commercials that repeat too frequently are just plain annoying

So what's the deal with YouTube premium? Got a free month then $13.99/month after that. But then you have to subscribe/pay for tv shows and movies? Is that right?
So what makes this different from Hulu/Netflix/Prime, etc.?
Just curious since I've never watched Youtube.

There is Youtube and the separately YoutubeTV. Youtube is $13.99 and YoutubeTV is like $70.

Deal No Deal. Apple TV+ just went from 6.99 to 9.99 per month. The only thing I'm watching on that is For All Mankind.

I watched a movie on D+ last night and it probably was ~5 minutes of ads in 2 hours. I'm happy with that...

Deal No Deal. Apple TV+ just went from 6.99 to 9.99 per month. The only thing I'm watching on that is For All Mankind.
That's a lot for one show, but at least there are not ads through the show from what I understand.

That's a lot for one show, but at least there are not ads through the show from what I understand.

It is a lot to pay to watch one show. However, For All Mankind is worth it, in my opinion. You could wait until all episodes of the upcoming season are released and then binge watch them all over the next 30 days, then cancel your Apple TV subscription. You are correct that there are no ads.

Congrats. I was tempted, but I'm getting by fine with my Sony W4100 46" LCD that I bought in 2008 for $1050. 15 years old.

My 2006 Sony Bravia 46" LCD is still ticking too. I paid $2500 for it, and it was a middle-of-the-line model. It is amazing how much flat screen TVs have progressed in technology and come down in price.

Amazon Prime Video and The Roku Channel are offering 2 month trials for reduced rates. Amazon offers are good through Dec 3 and include BritBox, Acorn, Paramount+, Peacock, and many more.

+1

And keep in mind that you can pay for these channels using your Amazon digital "no rush shipping" credits. I signed up for two months of AMC+ for $2.25/month, which will be free to me since I have enough no-rush credits to cover it. The Black Friday streaming deals through AMZN Prime end tomorrow. https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/storefront/?contentType=merch&contentId=store&merchId=deals

This isn't a Black Friday deal, but it does save some $ compared to standard retail. With any of Verizon's Unlimited cell plans, a Disney bundle can be added for $10/mo. The bundle consists of Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. I had just gotten notice that my Disney+ renewal price was going up to $140 on Dec 31. When I saw the Verizon deal I decided to save a few bucks and try out Hulu and ESPN+.

Amazon currently has a bunch of premium channel offers for $1.99/month for two months. Always a good use for the accumulated digital credits from slower shipping.

Just an FYI, got an email from Amazon Prime Video today that they will start having limited advertisements. If you want NO ads then that will cost an extra $2.99 per month. Not unexpected since other streaming services have ads even when paying for the no-ad service.

Back
Top Bottom