30 YO wants to retire at 50...how am i doing?

Bit behind schedule again but here's a brief Year 5 update:

* Household income: TBD. Gross income this year will be about $500k but includes about $200k severance. Took a voluntary package at work with nothing else lined up at the moment.
* Total current net worth: $1.3 million excluding home equity
- 5k cash
- 576k in 401k
- 563k in vanguard brokerage account
- 130k Roth IRA
- 58k in HSA
- 250k equity in my house which I'm not including in my NW.

After a disastrous 2022, looks like the markets may end up being not so bad this year. As mentioned above though, I did take a severance package at work which will give me about a year's comp. Definitely had some sleepless nights leading up to my decision, but think it was the right one. My last day will be in a few weeks at which point I'll probably take a month maybe two off to preview FIRE before I look for another role. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to land somewhere as I'd like to keep the momentum going.

Wow. That is quite a good change from your original post. You've been earning big and saving bigger. Congratulations.

Good luck on finding another position. Keep up the good w*rk on saving and investing and you will be able to retire BEFORE 50.

Good luck with your plan Eastfolk. Maybe keep some of that severance easily accessible to reduce any potential stress while job searching.

And spend some time with the family! :dance:

Looks like you are doing well.
Best of luck with new job search and continuing to move forward.
Enjoy time with family along the way, time spent is irreplaceable.

Back
Top Bottom