45 yrs old | Married | 2 Kids | Is it Time To Quit?

I'm not selling a single share, so no capital gain here. I am not a trader, just a good 'ol long term buy & hold investor.

You're not concerned about these concentrated holdings decreasing in value after a rapid substantial increase?

You're not concerned about these concentrated holdings decreasing in value after a rapid substantial increase?

I have a high-risk tolerance and I researched the company I invested in so I am comfortable with my investment decision. Been doing it for 20 yrs, not recommending anyone to follow my approach. :flowers:

Lower risk investment = Lower return.
Higher risk investment = Higher return.

Just part of life.

Update:

Thanks to the recent investment gains, my portfolio has grown to ~$14.3M. Net worth reached ~$15M. That will allow me and my family to live off the money from our taxable investment account while the 401k and ROTH IRA accounts to continue growing.

By the way, I discussed with my boss, she's okay for me to work from WA if I decide to move there. She supports the idea and she's also thinking about moving to Colorado with her family as well. Looks like the California exile is real.

As others have noted, congratulations on your portfolio going from $9M to $14.3M between Nov 11 (your post #1 in this thread) and now!

When your portfolio was $9M, you were wanting to retire in 5 years or less. At $14.3M, I assume it will be less - perhaps a lot less! When do you plan to turn in your notice?

As others have noted, congratulations on your portfolio going from $9M to $14.3M between Nov 11 (your post #1 in this thread) and now!

When your portfolio was $9M, you were wanting to retire in 5 years or less. At $14.3M, I assume it will be less - perhaps a lot less! When do you plan to turn in your notice?

Within 3-5 years still. Hopefully sooner than 5. I am working with a CPA to understand the way forward into the wealth distribution phase. I got a blessing from my boss to work-from-home from out of state, so that's an option if I want to keep my job. Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom