5 months

Marshac

Full time employment: Posting here.
Time sure goes by fast... 5 more months until I go back to school, and 4 months until i'm married. Crazyness.

I'm thinking of rolloing over my 401k into an IRA when I quit so that it will be availible to me should I need some hot cash for "qualified education expenses". Hopefully I won't need to draw upon it, but you never know... any "gotchas" I should know about?

On a different subject, but similar topic...one of the schools I got into is about 35 miles from where I currently live, and there is a possibility that I could continue working (in a different capacity) part-time. On the financial side, it sounds ideal, except we hate everything about where we live, and now that my future bride will be finishing up nursing school in just under a month, there is NO reason why we need to stay. On top of that, it's my current job that lead me to this board in the first place. :) I'm thinking of just walking away from the job in Aug/Sept and focusing 100% on school.... any sage advice on the wisdom of staying or going?

Aren't you going to med school? No way will you be able to hold down a job if that's the case.

Someday, but I need to get past the postbac first. My degree is in business administration (w/MIS), and there isn't a lot of overlap with chem/bio degrees.... i'll be "that old guy" in the intro courses :LOL: Seriously though, I figure i'll need a year or two of courses before i'll feel comfortable to enough to take the MCAT. After that... med school. Hopefully.

Oh, in that case, keep the job. Or even better, get a research gig that'll help you get into med school.

Back
Top Bottom