6 years, 364 days until retirement

lairdgrainger

Confused about dryer sheets
Greetings -- I've been lurking and reading the forums here for I think about four years. I'm semi-obsessed with retirement planning, so I love this site.

With a combination of real estate and apartment syndications, I'll be retiring at age 59.5 and until then, I'm in pre-tirement, working part time and enjoying a low-stress existence.

I live in the Portland, Oregon area and I'm looking forward to getting out at some point, possibly to Arizona, Idaho, Montana or Wyoming.

I'm wondering if anyone here had issues adjusting to the lack of structure when starting retirement. I know some people just dive right in and have no problem with the transition to not working, but I'd like to hear from anyone who had issues with not having a career anymore. Did you end up going back to work part time? Did you fight through it and get hobbies to fill the time? Did you start drinking during the day? Just curious...

No issues whatsoever in starting retirement and I enjoyed my career.
So you waited one more day, so you have less than 7 years to go. lol

Although a little scared, I am excitedly counting the days I have left (92). My schedule, has been so messed up(12 hour rotating shifts24/7 coverage) for so long (31 years) that I'm considering getting a M-F 8 hour a day job to try and get back to a normal internal clock

You are already starting with working part time. Do you have any trouble finding things to fill your time the rest of the week?
In retirement, you time is your own to do what you want, when you want. And doing nothing is doing something! lol.

Already down to 6 years 363 days, time flies when you're having fun!

Back
Top Bottom