61, did it this year.

GoodbyeYellow

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello all, glad to be here.

After being a corporate drone most of my working career I finally had it with my bully boss and handed in my resignation in April. Didn't get 'retirement' as I only had some 8 years in and not enough age, but it had to be done.

My wife is 58 and facing similar burnout. Both of us had thought (during the midst of covid) that we'd go another 3-5 years but are one of the millions apparently who have had enough, and saved enough, to try seriously to get off the wheel. Now I am working on how to get her to retire without too much financial ouch.

This involves figuring out a tax strategy that optimizes ACA. Being new here, I will peer around for the right forum to post my specific question but suggestions (as to the best forum) are welcome. The little lurking I have done here makes me believe the folks here are very knowledgeable and helpful, so I am optimistic! This issue is generating a bit of stress for us, but I think a solution exists.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your pending retirement.

First you retire, then track your expenses and practice living on what your projected income will be after your wife "hangs it up."

Then it'll be her time to turn in her resignation.

Congrats on your retirement.
There are many posters on this forum making good use of the tax subsidies for ACA purposes, including myself.
Ask away your questions.

Good for you! Being happy has more value then money.

Congratulations on your retirement!
This is definitely a great place to learn and ask questions--many very knowledgeable folks here.
As always, take advice in general. You make your decision based on your personal circumstances/budget/finances.
Ask away! And Welcome to the forum.

Thanks all!

Formulating my question so it makes the most sense in the least amount of space. Will post in the appropriate sub-forum.

Congratulations and I see you are from La Jolla. That's a nice part of San Diego!

Good for you! Being happy has more value then money.
I totally agree. The corporate world has a way of burning out it's employees. Good luck with your retirement and enjoy your new life!!

Back
Top Bottom