7-Eleven dropping Venezuela-backed Citgo

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Looks as if there is some backlash against Hugo Chavez for his shots at Bush during his UN visit.

Convenience store operator 7-Eleven Inc. is dropping Venezuela-backed Citgo as its gasoline supplier at more than 2,100 locations and switching to its own brand of fuel.

...7-Eleven spokesman Margaret Chabris said that, "Regardless of politics, we sympathize with many Americans' concern over derogatory comments about our country and its leadership recently made by Venezuela's president Hugo Chavez.

Translation: "He may be an idiot, but he's our idiot."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060927/ap_on_bi_ge/7_eleven_citgo_2

REWahoo!, y'all are a durn good guesser. ;)

I'll fill out the details when I'm not at work -- and, most likely, over the course of a few weeks, spread across countless unrelated threads -- but in short I went on a two week vacation, and when I got back I had a million things to do at work (among other troubles), and am just now getting back to where I can try posting semi-regularly.... I have been reading the board lately, but not keeping up with each and every thread.

Also: I logged in a while ago, saw some new PM's, and they were both spam with a large photo of a guy with a large wang. Not that it made me stop posting here, I just wanted to type the word "wang." ;)

There has been talk in Boston about taking down the Citgo sign over by Fenway, someone would like to replace it with an American flag. I haven't heard much about it since last week though.

Wait a minute, 7-11 dropping Citgo isn't new news.

I remember reading a newspaper article months ago, that the end of the long-time contract was coming up later in the year. And that Citgo was negotiating with some independents. As such, the Citgo name would disappear, and something of 7-11's own creation would go up instead. That way, 7-11 would not have to worry again about "brand changes". They could change who their gas suppliers were, whenever they chose.

Didn't have anything to do with Hugo Chavez!

REWahoo! said:
It is if you have a good PR department and if you time the announcement just right... ;)

That's true!

I suggest that 7-11's new name for gas should be  IRAN-O-GAS 

With a smiling picture of that guy on each pump. I forgot what his name was (as if I could have spelled it from memory  :D). What a great performance at the UN, ha ha, what a card. Anyway, his smiling face on every pump, such that the picture is complete when the nozzle is on the pump. So when you are gassing up your ride, there is a big empty hole for his mouth.  After you finish fueling, you stick the nozzle into his mouth!

Cool Dood said:
Also: I logged in a while ago, saw some new PM's, and they were both spam with a large photo of a guy with a large wang. Not that it made me stop posting here, I just wanted to type the word "wang." ;)

I used to work for Wang......Labs.

Telly said:
That's true!

I suggest that 7-11's new name for gas should be  IRAN-O-GAS 

With a smiling picture of that guy on each pump. I forgot what his name was (as if I could have spelled it from memory  :D). What a great performance at the UN, ha ha, what a card. Anyway, his smiling face on every pump, such that the picture is complete when the nozzle is on the pump. So when you are gassing up your ride, there is a big empty hole for his mouth.  After you finish fueling, you stick the nozzle into his mouth!

Iran aside, a pretty good case can be made that buying gasoline, regardless of the brand, just supports both directly and indirectly middle east extreamism.

Back
Top Bottom