A review of retirement calculators

UtahSkier

Recycles dryer sheets
My Favorite Retirement Calculators
My Favorite Retirement Calculators - Can I Retire Yet?

I have not used any of these calculators. I use the planning tools in Quicken Premier 2015.

I briefly looked at OnTrajectory that was on the list. I didn't see anything interesting... except the price of $30 per year. I pay about $60 every 3 years for quicken and get so much more functionality.

For me, the value of the quicken planning tools is the real time information. My retirement model is setup once and adjusted as necessary. The account data is easily updated as often as I need... daily or weekly.

I have started using the budgeting tool now that I am retired. Most of my expenses are regular bills or credit cards. So, most of my spending transactions are automatically entered. Most of the effort is making sure the transactions are in the proper category.

I have a target level of spending (around 4% SWR to start). I use that spending target in 2 ways; Setup my budgets to be under that target amount and to configure my annual expense in the retirement planner.

And Quicken is doing a real good job of showing whether my defense against "Sequence of returns" risk is working or not.:mad:

I tried the free trial of OnTrajectory. I needed to delete something and then start a new scenario and it won't update since then. It just gets to a point and then stops (and yes my trial allows me access to what I am trying to do).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom