AARP?

They advocate for retired seniors and are the ONLY lobbying organization with the interests of seniors at heart. I fully support AARP. Some conservative orgs want their supporters to believe AARP is bad for them just because they stand by the belief that no privatization of social security and maintaining the ACA is better for seniors than the alternative (which most would agree with). So now there’s a camp that goes along with what their told and did a 180 with their thoughts on AARP. It was interesting to witness this shift occur over the years within this group of defectors.

They advocate for retired seniors and are the ONLY lobbying organization with the interests of seniors at heart. I fully support AARP. Some conservative orgs want their supporters to believe AARP is bad for them just because they stand by the belief that no privatization of social security and maintaining the ACA is better for seniors than the alternative (which most would agree with). So now there’s a camp that goes along with what their told and did a 180 with their thoughts on AARP. It was interesting to witness this shift occur over the years within this group of defectors.

That kind of knee-jerk reaction to vilify any person or group who questions current party gospel has convinced me to renew my AARP membership. Thanks!

I had been skeptical, due to all the insurance marketing and equivocating about actually calling out the politicians who recommend harmful legislation. But now I see why. Dare to cross "my" party and you'll come under attack.

Sometimes, you can tell more about someone by their enemies, than their friends.

I despise AARP.
It’s goal is to make its executives rich.

Always interesting to see perspective from someone who hasn't done 5 seconds of research and makes off the cuff comments. I guess if having compensation that is under the average for other trade groups, then yep, they are making her rich. :facepalm:

Here's what D.C. region's top trade group CEOs get paid

The average compensation was $1.82 million in the past year for the 50 executives, ranging from $294,285 up to $6.58 million. But AARP CEO Jo Ann Jenkins, who helms a $1.53 billion organization, earned less than that average, according to its most recent filing

Top 3 in the list:

Thomas Donohue U.S. Chamber of Commerce $6,579,687
Jack Gerard American Petroleum Institute $6,319,166
Wayne LaPierre National Rifle Assn. $5,110,985

AARP CEO:
Jo Ann Jenkins AARP $973,494

And before anyone says they would love to make $973K/yr, then I'd say apply, show your credentials and see if they consider you qualified for the job. You too can earn less than other trade organizations CEO's. :popcorn:

I just read the latest AARP bulletin and really enjoyed it. There was a well written article on the dark web that discussed several things I did not know. Also a good summary of the changes coming to Medicare in 2019.

I spent about $25 on Walgreens branded products and received a register coupon for a free year of AARP. I signed up for it but I didn't find any reason to keep it after the free year.

Back
Top Bottom