According to history, the bear market is officially over as of 2/15/2023 [emoji322]

RetiredAt49

Recycles dryer sheets
According to history and the financial “experts”:

The S&P 500 closed Wednesday (2/15/2023) above its 200-day moving average for the 18th session in a row... No prior S&P 500 bear market in history has made a new low after making 18 consecutive closes above its 200-day average

Bummer. Now my reinvested equity funds will be buying fewer shares for my kids.

Just kidding. I love to poke fun at the humble brags, without calling anyone out, every once in a while.

Last edited:

The S&P 500 closed Wednesday (2/15/2023) above its 200-day moving average for the 18th session in a row... No prior S&P 500 bear market in history has made a new low after making 18 consecutive closes above its 200-day average

Someone forgot to tell that to my equity investments!

I dunno - I’m still seeing a lower highs and lower lows pattern. We haven’t taken out the 8/15 high yet.

image4.jpg

Yes the current trend is up. :)

Since last April the trend is sideways.

Since Jan 2022 the trend is down.

Hmmm...

There's a first time for everything :).

Why 18? Was the record 10 and it got broken... then 15 and it got broken... so now it's 18?

Those statistical situations work until they don't.

“Barring a big sell-off Friday (worse than -5.5%), two consecutive quarters of gains validate the start of a new bull market. This only solidifies our view that 10/12/22 was the bear market low and we are 6 months into a bull market,”

We seem to be in the oddest type of bull market: the kind where stocks decline.

Not sure what stocks you’re invested in but the S&P 500 bottomed in October 2022 and has been increasing ever since. Sure, we are not yet back to where we were at the peak (January 3, 2022) but we are making progress!

Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

You are not the official wee-er on this board, so it doesn't count. Only one person has that particular super-power, and she has thankfully remained silent. So you should cover your short positions.

Last edited:
I believe to be an official weeee... an H is required?

Did someone just say Weee?

Nobody knows nothing.

Last edited:
+2. Of course, my thinking is that PE ratios ultimately have to return to some sort of normal.

That could involve lower prices and/or higher earnings. But, you're right. Something's gotta give.

Last edited:
PE ratios arent predictive...think about it...beginning of 2009 the PE was like 40....year later the market was up like 70%....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom