Affordable & unaffordable real estate markets

We shared the cost of a private investigator. Pretty nice spot but not for us. We just sold the info to New Jersey REs. They're on the way.

BUM

Arghhh! :mad:

The Davis Mountains sure are purtty.

Either crazy or lying if someone lives in Wisconsin and says they love it in winter?? I think there should be more choices than that. I'm not crazy or lying when I say that I love, love, love the winters in Wisconsin.
Hubby and I love to snowshoe so we're really excited when we get a ton of snow. And if it's too cold to go somewhere, well, we stay in and enjoy a hot drink by the fireplace. (too cold for us means -20 degrees and below)
And I sure don't complain about the gas/electric bill since we avg. $118 a month yr round on a 2300 sq ft home. Of course we had it built ourselves and super insulated it accordingly.
Not I'm not saying very many people can handle this type of weather but we sure can. Of course our jobs took us outside all year long in every kind of weather so I guess we became accustomed to it. And since we don't like temps much above 70 it makes sense that we live where we do.
But the best part is we don't have to deal with very many people when the weather gets below 20 degrees. It is so great having so many things to ourselves during those "cold" times. hehe

Ah yes the good life.

Twenty years ago - 95 degrees, 95% humidity sitting on your fishing pier drinking beer, sweating with your Jimmy Buffett skirt sticking to your back - the good life in Louisiana.

Now A/C and free fish from neighbors and friends.

Enjoy it while you're young.

... with your Jimmy Buffett skirt sticking to your back...
Now there's a truly frightening image. I don't even want to know if this is related to a kilt fashion statement.

Nope

Just like the 'perfect retirement spot' - it's all in the eye of the beholder. When my brother in law left Republic, Michigan he sold three snowmobiles and bought a Bass boat on arrival in Kentucky without shedding a tear.

When the neighbor's arrive next door for the summer(after school is out) they will have 'fun' at the camp without A/C - like we did twenty years ago.

Heh, heh, - the adults have A/C in the bedrooms - for August.

The point is - ah, er - hmm I don't have one.

I should be putzing with my taxes - but since I owe, will wait closer to 4/15.

Now there's a truly frightening image. I don't even want to know if this is related to a kilt fashion statement.

God I hope he meant "Shirt", otherwise the rumors of Unclemick being a 14 year old girl from missoula will be back in force.

unclemick, I have gotten as far as putting all my tax
crap on the big coffee table ..... can't seem to motivate
my self any further.

Cheers,

Charlie

I put up turbotax and jump the income part to the deductions part. Then it shows a huge refund in the little dynamic "your tax" window. Which gets smaller as I go back and add the income stuff.

Its a lot more fun to start with a lot of dough and slowly watch it fritter away than to start with a huge amount you owe and then try to get it to go to positive, which doesnt happen until the last 5 minutes.

Either I was lucky or skilled...we ended up getting about $80 back from the feds and $170 from the state from a tax return about an inch thick...

Back
Top Bottom