Ah, Mice!

Is there any risk that the cats might eat a poisoned mouse, thereby ingesting poison contained within the mouse?

I have fears of using pesticide to kills bugs around/in my house. What if my cats eat the poison-laden bugs?
Many years ago I lost a cat to a poisoned mouse. The poison had been put out by a neighbor

Mouse update:
No mice evidence in the house.
It is below freezing outside and soon it will be in the garage.
Since Ed's Spinning can trap will freeze up I had better take it down.

But wait...the Spinning can trap worked! Mice did not seem to fall for all of the other types of traps in there.

Free to canoe

It is below freezing outside and soon it will be in the garage.
Since Ed's Spinning can trap will freeze up I had better take it down.
But wait...the Spinning can trap worked! Mice did not seem to fall for all of the other types of traps in there.
I think it's reasonable to experiment with a cold-weather version of Ed's original design.

Add about 30% vodka to the water to lower its freezing point a little. (Better taste it first to make sure its alcohol content is close to the bottle's proof label.) Keep an eye on the situation and be ready to add more vodka as necessary, continuing to taste-test a sample in case it's gone bad...

I think it's reasonable to experiment with a cold-weather version of Ed's original design.

Add about 30% vodka to the water to lower its freezing point a little. (Better taste it first to make sure its alcohol content is close to the bottle's proof label.) Keep an eye on the situation and be ready to add more vodka as necessary, continuing to taste-test a sample in case it's gone bad...
It's all well and good until the little pikers are found to be making a mouse chain down the side of the bucket so they and their buddies can have their little mouse parties. Next thing you know they'll be asking for olives and tiny onions . . .

They're Baaaaaaaaaaaaak!

This is the 4th one caught in my spring trap. Boy I wish I could find out how they are getting in.

Back
Top Bottom