Alarm clock issues...

I set alarm if I have a plane to catch or a boat training scheduled.

My alarm clock is soft and furry and says meow.

Some days I am able to hit the "snooze" button on top of her head, but on the days when I can't I just get up and fill her bowl, then go right back to sleep. I have perfected this in retirement.

Attachments

• Cat Wakey.gif
    Cat Wakey.gif
    65.9 KB · Views: 24
I use my smartphone and Amazon Alexa if I need an alarm for any reason.

It’s great not setting an alarm clock! My husband has one ( click radio) on his nightstand only so he can see what time it is.

I have one with a hand clock that used to light up slowly like a sun rise and then beep.

I also have a battery hand clock that has bigger numbers on it so I can see the time on my night stand.

Now if for some reason I need to set an alarm, I use my cell phone. Or I could ask Alexa to wake me up.

I don't have any alarm clock issues. I don't have one even. I wake up automatically at the sight of sunlight.

What's nice about ER is I don't have to go to bed until whenever I want. Or, when I keep nodding off with a hot laptop in my lap.

It’s great not setting an alarm clock! My husband has one ( click radio) on his nightstand only so he can see what time it is.

I have one with a hand clock that used to light up slowly like a sun rise and then beep.

I also have a battery hand clock that has bigger numbers on it so I can see the time on my night stand.

Now if for some reason I need to set an alarm, I use my cell phone. Or I could ask Alexa to wake me up.

Sad to say, I only use an alarm to be certain I'm on time for Dr. appts. :(

I still have an alarm clock, but more and more I tend to use the clock app on my phone or tablet. if I need to get up. I am now thinking I should remove the alarm clock from the night table to free up space.

My last day of w*rk I came home and promptly removed the alarm clock from my bedroom.

I also removed 75% of the clothing from my closet ("professional" attire) that evening and donated it the following week.

Phone works fine on the couple of days/year I need to be up at a certain time.

Retirement is wonderful.

I also removed 75% of the clothing from my closet ("professional" attire) that evening and donated it the following week.
Retirement is wonderful.

I had uniforms... some with my name embroidered, they got put in a tote. Most of the T-shirts with county logo were left for co-workers, My collection of Breast Cancer Awareness Tees were passed along to several of the girls at work... causing a few tears...
The BDU pants and Boots.... They are still my W@rk clothes..

And yes it is....

Even during my working days I never had an alarm clock! I was always a very early riser, usually around 4AM.

Now, 4:30 to 8AM is my personal time before DW gets up. I get to read the paper in peace, putter around, do my food shopping at the 24 hour store etc.

My last day of w*rk I came home and promptly removed the alarm clock from my bedroom.

Phone works fine on the couple of days/year I need to be up at a certain time.

Retirement is wonderful.

Heh, heh, not on the first day post w*rk, but I did give away all my suits/ties and dress shirts. It was cathartic. Didn't even keep a suit to be buried in. YMMV

Its and old thread, and meant to bring a smile to you.... but issues continue....
It dawned on me this morning that I had not adjusted the clock back an hour,
picked it up and it was several hours off....
Battery died at some point in the last 19 months......

I think I have an old fashion windup alarm clock somewhere. It's probable rusted up since I haven't used it in over a decade. My 103 lb Lab (and his super cold nose) works great. It's takes him about a week to adjust (his clock) after the time changes twice a year but once that's done he's not off more than a few minutes each morning. No batteries required.

Haven't used an "alarm clock" in years, ever since we got Iphones, use the alarm function on that when needed (which is very rarely now). Nice to have more space on my bedside table!

One of my fondest pre-retirement dreams was to buy a huge mallet, perhaps a foot in diameter and weighing no less than ten pounds. Then on my first day of retirement I planned to set the alarm as usual, and when it went off, use that big mallet to smash the alarm clock to smithereens.

DW talked me out of it. Something about not scratching the nightstand all up....

I keep an electronic clock in my bedroom with a battery backup. I have never set the alarm except for a fishing outing.

I turn it around every night, so it faces the wall. I don't ever want to see the time until nature tells me to, or the sun. If it's before 7AM when I look, I turn it back around and roll over...

Slept in past 8AM the day after Thanksgiving.

I'm retired. What is the alarm clock thing you speak of?:D

Seriously, when I need a firm time for anything, I just set it on the phone. If it is really important, like catching a flight, we put it on both phones.

One of my fondest pre-retirement dreams was to buy a huge mallet, perhaps a foot in diameter and weighing no less than ten pounds. Then on my first day of retirement I planned to set the alarm as usual, and when it went off, use that big mallet to smash the alarm clock to smithereens.

DW talked me out of it. Something about not scratching the nightstand all up....

Through it outside first, and then go smash it up! Ha ha

Sledge O Matic! :LOL:

We set the alarm so as never to miss a doctor appointment. It rarely goes off as I typically wake up in time without it - but just in case.

yeah flights are the only thing for me, but I use my phone
I use both my phone and battery-powered alarm clock for important things like flights, as there is a chance I have a brain fart moment and sets the time wrong. I figure I'd have a better chance of waking up in time with two clocks, but who knows...

We have no bedside alarm clocks. One of the best perks about retirement. The natural waking process is so much better.

iPhone for those few occasions we need to get up at a certain time.

Rarely use alarm clock. Only if early appointment or flights.phone takes care of that as needed.

Back
Top Bottom