Alec Baldwin fires prop gun on set, kills one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
What a terrible accident on the set of the Western series, "Rust." The poor Photography Director was killed, and the Director, Joel Souza, is in the hospital with gunshot wound(s).

Baldwin has long been one of my favorite actors.

I am sure there will be lots of speculation as to how a prop gun could fire real ammo, but it's evidently not the first time this has happened.

This article is probably behind a paywall - but there'll be plenty of other sources by now:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/10/21/alec-baldwin-shot-prop-gun-rust/

I learned from some YouTube videos that prop guns (especially certain blank shells used in shotguns) can easily kill a human if fired upon within 5ft / point blank range.

No firearm should be treated lightly. It is either accidents or someone (= police) gets excited about your toys and decided to take you down.

I just hope that it was truly one of those bad "stuff happens" accidents and not Baldwin clowning around cavalierly.

That is so sad. I also hope it was just an accident. Nonetheless, my heart goes out to the victims, the families and everyone who is affected by this tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom