Aloha from Hawaii

catii

Recycles dryer sheets
My name is Ken, & I'm the semi-retired owner of a computer consulting company, who can't fully retire until my wife can join me in 2-3 years. My wife & I are long-time engineers & project managers, & are finally empty-nesters now that our granddaughter has graduated from university. Although we think we have our retirement pretty well-arranged, I'm definitely looking for ideas on how to make it even better.

We were a bit worried that we would have a stream of visitors, so we set up our guest bedroom so it's only a few feet away from our room full of macaws. We do offer ear plugs, of course, for the "sunrise chorus".... :rolleyes:

We were a bit worried that we would have a stream of visitors, so we set up our guest bedroom so it's only a few feet away from our room full of macaws. We do offer ear plugs, of course, for the "sunrise chorus".... :rolleyes:

I have heard that Macaw is delicious!

Welcome, Ken!

Many folks here have lots of ideas for making our retirements better, and occasionally a few of us even agree ;-)

Enjoy!

I love Hawaii! What a perfect place to retire. Can you tell us a little more about it - which island, how long have you lived there, why did you choose Hawaii?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

catii: Welcome! Ask any questions you may have and you'll sure receive unbiased advice here. Our family is visiting Hawaii first time next week and I am looking forward to check out if it can be my retirement destination in near future..:)

When I got out of school, I had a good job offer in Honolulu. I turned it down. One of many dumb decisions I have made in my life.

My wife says she would like to spend a year in Kauai, after I retire. We have been there a couple of times and really like it. We would just rent a small house for the year. Sounds like fun. But we'll see if we actually do it. (We talk about a lot of stuff, but we don't end up actually doing it all).

Congrats! Can you share advice on how to retire in Hawaii? Like how to find an affordable long-term rental? We go there for a week every five years as a treat and would lovvvvve to spend longer.

Welcome, Ken. I lived in Pearl Harbor back the 60's. Haven't been back since we left in October 1970.

Back
Top Bottom