Amazon Fire HD 10 for $64.99!

BrianB

Recycles dryer sheets
Amazon Prime members can get a very sweet deal on the Fire HD 10 tablet, if you have an old device to trade in. The regular price is $149.99 but it is currently on sale for $99.99.

With a trade in (Kindle or Fire, IPad, or Galaxy Tab) you get an additional 25% off and a minimum credit of $10.00 (if the old device works and does not have a cracked screen) or $5.00 (if screen cracked and / or not working). Some models might be worth more. Final price = $99.99 - $25.00 - $10.00 = $64.99 with free prime shipping

I had a heavily-used three year old Fire HD8 with a major crack and battery life that could be measured in minutes. I printed a free shipping label from Amazon and used an old Amazon box to ship it in. Just dropped it off at a UPS Store. My credit was just $5.00 so I paid $69.99 for the new one.

The Fire HD 10 has a 10" screen, faster processor and more memory. Fire tablets have a few quirks - you have to side-load the Google Play store app, and I find Alexa annoying. Overall though it's a great tablet for internet surfing and watching movies on Amazon Prime or Netflix while we're travelling.

Here's the link to the Amazon page:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J6RPGKG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Brian

Brian, we haven't used the Fire tablet. How is it for reading e-books? I loathe the new Kindle 10.

Zippy: You're referring to a Kindle Reader, not the Kindle Fire HD 10 Android tablet, right?

Amazon includes a Kindle app on their Fire tablets, so I think the interface is going to be similar. I've never owned a Kindle Reader but the display on the Fire HD 10 is very good unless you're in bright sunlight. I've also found a lot of good free books & magazines through the Amazon Prime library. Thousands of titles are free for downloading, new ones added every week.

Sorry, yes - I was indeed referring to the Kindle reader app and using it on the Fire HD. Thx so much for the fast reply!

Looks like I missed the deal. Drat...

I'm still seeing that deal when following that link.

It looks like you have to have Prime membership. Maybe you're not Prime??

Yes, I am. I was shopping from my phone, which performed a software upgrade this afternoon which logged me out of Amazon. I'm on my computer now and can see the deal. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom