Amazon Pharmacy

RetiredAt49

Recycles dryer sheets
I received an email today from Amazon Pharmacy… has anyone tried it? Anyone have issues with getting prescriptions and/or insurance during the switch?

No.

But, my daughter lived in a small rural community for 10 years. Her and her children had some very expensive prescriptions. No insurance...they had their own business.

The nearest Costco was three hours away. While at that Costco on a shopping trip she spoke to the pharmacist. He said have them sent to me. I will fill and send back to you with a 48hr turnaround.

She did. Savings? Smallest was 33 percent, highest was 75 percent from what she paid at her local drug store. Exact same script, filled with the same product. This made a significant dent in her annual prescription expenses.

Last edited:
I received an email today from Amazon Pharmacy… has anyone tried it? Anyone have issues with getting prescriptions and/or insurance during the switch?

Yes, I have been using them for a while. Works fine.

DW has been using it for a couple of years at least and is very happy. They ship her a monthly roll of pill packets marked with a date and AM or PM. She just tears a packet off the roll, opens it, and takes all the pills. I am not aware of any issues.

When she started they had a machine limit of like 5 pills per packet, so in some cases she ended up with two packets per date/time but she did not consider it to be a big deal. A boxed roll of packets arrives during the last week of every month and I don't think the shipment has ever been late. I think Amazon also takes care getting any needed refill authorizations from the docs.

Cheaper than filling my one prescription locally and certainly convenient! Thumbs up.

I'm in the process of acquiring my first prescription from them. It took 2-3 days to process the transfer of the prescription to Amazon Pharmacy. I'm waiting a week or two before I order it. It's pretty expensive through Walgreens, about $157.17 per month. It's $150 from Amazon Pharmacy. I signed up for the Amazon Visa card which gives a 3% rebate on Amazon purchases for people who don't have Amazon Prime. So the net savings to me will be $11.67 per month or $140.04 per year. Not a spectacular discount but saving a few bucks always feels good. I shopped around and this was the cheapest price I could find. This is a name brand drug so it won't be really cheap until the patents run out.

It's a pain to get a quote on a prescription without opening an account and transferring a prescription to Amazon. I went through the process and figured I could always move it back to Walgreens if Amazon Pharmacy wasn't cheaper. Turns out it is and using the Amazon Visa card saves me a bit more so I'll give it a try and see how it goes. And if I hadn't gone through this I wouldn't have stumbled across the 3% rebate on the Amazon Visa card.

Yes. My brother takes several medications a day so he had been using the CVS system where they all come in a set of individual packets on a tape, marked with the time of day etc.

For some odd reason, CVS discontinued this service.

Amazon pharmacy does it and we've found the service to be superior! Same system of envelopes but much, much better communications, delivery and someone you can actually talk to if the need arises.

Yes using them, with no issues. We switched 4 months ago. We’re using the Rxpass service, which costs $5 a month and includes all the (generic) meds DW takes. $5 total, not per-med.

Walgreens was $59 a month after insurance for the same meds. So, $54/month savings, plus gas and time to drive to Walgreens. :dance:

Switching was fast and easy. 2 days after the request to switch (via Amazon.com), 90 day supplies were in the mail to us. And 90 days later the refills were sent automatically.

I'm in the process of acquiring my first prescription from them. It took 2-3 days to process the transfer of the prescription to Amazon Pharmacy. I'm waiting a week or two before I order it. It's pretty expensive through Walgreens, about $157.17 per month. It's $150 from Amazon Pharmacy. I signed up for the Amazon Visa card which gives a 3% rebate on Amazon purchases for people who don't have Amazon Prime. So the net savings to me will be $11.67 per month or $140.04 per year. Not a spectacular discount but saving a few bucks always feels good. I shopped around and this was the cheapest price I could find. This is a name brand drug so it won't be really cheap until the patents run out.

It's a pain to get a quote on a prescription without opening an account and transferring a prescription to Amazon. I went through the process and figured I could always move it back to Walgreens if Amazon Pharmacy wasn't cheaper. Turns out it is and using the Amazon Visa card saves me a bit more so I'll give it a try and see how it goes. And if I hadn't gone through this I wouldn't have stumbled across the 3% rebate on the Amazon Visa card.

Update: Ordered my prescription at 10:32 AM Nov 9. Price ended up being $150.95 rather than $150. Pills were delivered at 1:27 PM Nov 10. Standard free shipping. I'm impressed.

Also, when I was ordering the prescription I had a problem with the price they quoted for it because they didn't see my insurance coverage as being active in 2023. I opened a Chat conversation with a customer service rep and she fixed the problem very quickly and stayed with me until I completely finished the order and it was successfully processed.

Back
Top Bottom