Amazon Prime Now......what do you buy?

I am a Prime member and, IMHO, most of its value is in the 'free' videos I can stream. Lesser value is the free shipping, since I can often get that by bundling a number of things over time until I hit the free shipping amount

FWIW, Amazon, while certainly competitive on price is no longer the be all and end all of low prices. Still, if one can avoid a trip to the store and save, gas, time and automobile wear and tear, they can be the best value at times.

DD has the option of using Prime Now in Chicago, but hasn't yet tried it. Those who have used it, do they deliver right to your door or to the mailbox? (DD lives on the 11th floor, mail drop is in the lobby). Is the delivery via USPS, UPS, or someone else? Do you tip the delivery person?

I am a Prime member and, IMHO, most of its value is in the 'free' videos I can stream. Lesser value is the free shipping, since I can often get that by bundling a number of things over time until I hit the free shipping amount

FWIW, Amazon, while certainly competitive on price is no longer the be all and end all of low prices. Still, if one can avoid a trip to the store and save, gas, time and automobile wear and tear, they can be the best value at times.

And their music is fairly good as an added bonus. I listen in the gym and going to bed

I wish I'd get a coupon for everything that's supposed to be Prime and doesn't get delivered in two days. I ordered something yesterday (Wednesday morning) and won't get it until Saturday by the end of the day (and usually I get stuff delivered early evening). I am pretty disappointed in Prime as this happens all the time, and I live in a close-in Chicago suburb.

A lot of Prime items I see say something like "delivers two days after item ships". Bit of a cop out. And I currently have a Prime order that got delayed a week. But for the most part I'm still pretty pleased with what they can do.

DD has the option of using Prime Now in Chicago, but hasn't yet tried it. Those who have used it, do they deliver right to your door or to the mailbox? (DD lives on the 11th floor, mail drop is in the lobby). Is the delivery via USPS, UPS, or someone else? Do you tip the delivery person?

I've only used Prime Now for sending stuff to my office at work, but both times the driver delivered it to me in person.

A lot of Prime items I see say something like "delivers two days after item ships". Bit of a cop out. And I currently have a Prime order that got delayed a week. But for the most part I'm still pretty pleased with what they can do.

I will keep Prime, but in our house we now have a joke about "Are those real days or Amazon Prime days?" when we talk about how many days til something happens.

Interestingly enough, I just (11:00 PM, 12/16/2016) got an email from Amazon telling me my most recent order has shipped, and the package will arrive on 12/16/2016. If they can do that I'll be truly impressed.

We have had great experiences with Prime here. But Prime Now isn't available at my location. I'm guessing the higher price point would prevent me from actually utilizing it anyway. It is mind boggling to me however that we live in a day and age where this even exists. Can you imagine what our grandparents would say? :) (Although they did have actual grocery delivery back in the day as I think about it...probably not within a two hour window though....). We live in amazing times.

Back
Top Bottom