American Idol: Ellen's out, J-Lo's in

Sadly, this shows going the same direction as my equities. Down, down, down. It was already running its course. Now with Simon gone its decline will accelerate. The rest of the judges don't really matter IMO.

I enjoyed Ellen. I don't know how well she did as a judge, but she was funny.

JLo kind of came out of left field. Very very strange choice in my opinion.

I am not enjoying the show as much anymore (this year being the worst), so like Wanna be said, I feel the show is taking its course, like any shows, unless they replace Simon with someone who is full of charisma that attract new audience/keep the old (kind of like Cheers with Kirstie Alley.)

My thing is (especially this season), after going through soooo many auditioners, I don't see why and how we were left with not many talented people...

Jennifer Lopez signs deal to become new 'American Idol' judge: Report | EW.com

I like Ellen but didn't think she was a good fit as an Idol judge. Not so sure about J-Lo either.

They certainly could've done worse. J-Lo knows music and she won't pull punches like Ellen did. Ellen is too nice to be a judge. She's a great person, very funny, but she's right she's not a good fit for Idol. With Kara being fired, they will need another judge. I think they should go back to just 3 judges: Randy, J-LO, and ?

Never have watched the show, other than a quick highlight before I could change the channel. Never cared for talent contest. And for Simon, well.... no thanks.:p

OK, I just read an article that Kara was out... and Steven Tyler is in. WHHAT?? (I would LOVE that!)

Never have watched the show, other than a quick highlight before I could change the channel. Never cared for talent contest. And for Simon, well.... no thanks.:p
I met Jeff Clayton a couple of weeks ago; he has played sax on American Idol.

He told me that Simon really is a....ummmm...bad boy and is always surrounded by body guards.

No reason for me to watch now.............JLo "ain't no" Kara................:)

No reason for me to watch now.............JLo "ain't no" Kara................:)

Well I have to disagree with my Idol twin brother here, JLo is definitely worth watching. It remains to be seen if she as anything interesting to say, but as honest-to-god star singer, I think she is a good choice.

I stopped watching AI mid way through last season, they will have to earn my viewing next season.

Back
Top Bottom