Americana

There is one of those places not far from me, they've taken to having car shows on their back lot, food is great and it's neat to walk around all the old cars that probably packed the parking lot 30 to 50 years ago. Oh and my dh said he's been frequenting that resturant since it opened when he was a kid.

Great place near my house called "George Burger". It had no inside seating, just go up to the window and order, and find a bench under the patio. Place was a dump, the food was amazing. The city went eminent domain on them and used the land to install a new onramp to the freeway. The money he got allowed him to build a new place a quarter mile away, drive through, inside dining for ~100, big patio, lit up menu, uniforms....it's just not the same. :(

They have specials on PBS going around the country to these sandwich joints....makes me so hungry watching...

That's great Mystic. We started doing that this summer. After a particularly rigorous day working around the house or playing somewhere, I take the fam to the next place on my list. Last week it was a burger joint that has been around for 40+ years. To say it was a dump is being charitable, but it was the best burger I've had in years.

i don't think they served vegi-burgers 50 years ago. but in about 30 years i'll check out some of my old health food hang outs.

Nords said:
Kua`Aina, although I don't know if 1975 makes the cut...
Oh, man the sound of those waves, almost like being there if I close My eyes......

lazygood4nothinbum said:
i don't think they served vegi-burgers 50 years ago. but in about 30 years i'll check out some of my old health food hang outs.

Okay, let us not put any limits on when it started.. :D

Back
Top Bottom