Android app false notifications

Maxburn

Dryer sheet wannabe
I keep getting notifications for topics I'm not following, what's wrong here?

I turned off notifications. There is a list, still, available at right top of screen. I stopped using that, as well.

I think I figured it out, there is a setting to notify on new posts to sub forums, which is on by default in the app. Apparently in general when you post in a sub forum not only is the default notification for that thread turned on it will also notify on new posts to that whole sub forum.

Poor choice of defaults seems to me.

OK, that isn't working and the app is still giving me false notifications for things I have never looked at. How do I stop that? I do want to see notifications for things I have subscribed to.

OK, that isn't working and the app is still giving me false notifications for things I have never looked at. How do I stop that? I do want to see notifications for things I have subscribed to.

I gave up. Uninstalled the app. If I want to see what's happening here, I just signin at the website. Yes it uses more data, but, the app notification is an annoyance.

I did go into the app and unchecked every option under notifications, then turned notifications off. That didn't work either. Using Android v6.0

- Rita

Back
Top Bottom