Another one lacking a sense of humour

mike-1 said:
I must have come to the wrong board I see.
That'd be my vote.
I could say I was the uncle of the Sultan of Brunei and who would be the wiser?
Me. I'm the sultan of brunei. You're not my uncle. On the other hand, theres this monkey...
I am relieved that I have gotten a few intelligent well phrased responses so far
Is "go screw yourself" an intelligent, well phrased response? Cuz if it isnt, I can add some extra words, several of which you might need a dictionary (or a Nords post) to figure out.

mike-1 said:
Good point but this is in the context of Columbian law.  

In the states I imagine the courts would have handled it. But I doubt if the bum pincher would have gotten 4 years hard labour.

Colombia is an impotent state. They can't confront the drug runners, the murderers, the criminal gangs that cut open young women mules to retrieve the drugs that they have caused them to swallow. So they do what all impotents do- come down hard on a small offender who is also powerless.

Ha

Face slapping would not be my reaction if someone pinched my behind. I would plant my foot/knee square into the offender's crotch. I did this to some idiot on BART years ago who decided he was going to try and stick his hand up my skirt. Let's just say my 5 years of martial arts training came in handy.

LOL Cube_rat , it's truely amazing how many men don't expect that kind of response. The look of surpise has always amused me, that is after they come to.

Outtahere said:
LOL Cube_rat , it's truely amazing how many men don't expect that kind of response. The look of surpise has always amused me, that is after they come to.

Yeah, he ran off the train like a little sissy. I gave him a new perspective on female ball bustin' ;)

Good for you C-R :) :) :)

Four years seems excessive but I think that she made the right choice.

So what if you get slapped? Five minute later you're in a bar bragging about it to your buddiers :-[

MB

A bicycle courier in Colombia has been given a four-year jail sentence for grabbing a woman pedestrian's bottom, a TV station has reported.

So this is a BBC news report (in English) of a Columbian TV station report (I assume in Spanish), of an incident and court case that is summed up in couple of hundred words.

Yeah . . . I'm sure the information is really accurate and complete. Let's have an argument over the merits of the case. :uglystupid: :crazy:

I guess I see it like this....

What if the girl that was pinched was your wife or SO? How would you feel about it then?

No one should have to endure being touched in any unwelcome manner. Pinching a woman's rear may seem minor to some but try that with my wife and see what I do to you.....after she has ripped your nuts off.

As far as the 4 years in prison....I too find that story difficult to believe. Don't believe everything you read.

SteveR said:

What if the girl that was pinched was your wife or SO? How would you feel about it then?

No one should have to endure being touched in any unwelcome manner. Pinching a woman's rear may seem minor to some but try that with my wife and see what I do to you.....after she has ripped your nuts off.

As far as the 4 years in prison....I too find that story difficult to believe. Don't believe everything you read.

What more damage would there be to inflict once the party in question is separated from his gonads?

As to the lengthy prison term term, well I also find it hard to believe. But this is BBC reporting, a world class broadcaster with a solid reputation. This ain't some cheap tabloid which stays afloat making stuff up that the public will devour with gusto.

The issue here is twofold

1. Unwanted bum pinching

2. The outrageous sentence imposed.

No poster so far has seen the humour. I venture to say most women would not be amused. This is a fact of modern life in Western society.

In another country, in another era, in another culture, such an incident might be even be taken as a compliment and thus shrugged off. Really no different than being whistled at, a quaint custom which has also fallen out of favour.

The Columbian judicial system shows the extremes to which it will go to mete out justice. A woman can slap a guy to obtain satisfaction and this is perfectly legal under the circumstances. On the other hand she can file a complaint and if she chooses to then we have seen the awful consequences.

I recall seeing one of those prime time reports about a particularly tough female judge. Loved her guns, gave max sentences, etc. Anyway, she had a sex offender in front of her for sentencing. She came down from the bench, raised her judicial robes and exposed a little flesh. Then she told the offender to take a good look because they were the last female legs he was gonna see for a long time.

((^+^)) SG said:
So this is a BBC news report (in English) of a Columbian TV station report (I assume in Spanish), of an incident and court case that is summed up in couple of hundred words.

Yeah . . . I'm sure the information is really accurate and complete. Let's have an argument over the merits of the case. :uglystupid: :crazy:

And you'd be right SG. Although we've already fed this troll enough, here are the rest of the reported facts.

The guy is NOT going to jail, he is getting four years of "house arrest" where he's allowed to leave to work, shop and so forth. He just must stay in his home at night and when he is not actively doing something necessary for him to be out of the house.

He supposedly struck her so hard that people standing nearby heard it.

A group of people apparently thought what he did was bad enough to run him down, knock him off his bike and hold him until the police arrived.

So...no friendly little pinch or rub followed by four years in a turkish prison...

He assaulted her by striking her loud enough for the 'crack' to be heard by passersby, who thought the act was worthy of detention and police action, after which he was told to stay home for four years.

Anyone that thinks its okay for one person to touch another person without invitation, or who twists facts to create inflamation...well...what do you call a combination of an ******* and a troll? Trasshole? Asstroller? Hmm....more thought on this is needed..

OP seems to be stuck in the dark ages where women "appeared" to take this sort of behavior as a compliment. Women were treated as second class citizens, not allowed to vote, work, use birth control and had to be subservient to their husbands. Women DID NOT have support systems to help them understand that inappropriate touching is INAPPROPRIATE and UNACCEPTABLE.

Thank goodness I didn't live back in the good old days as OP seems to tout as a great time for the "fairer sex". I would've accused of being a witch and burned at the stake.

Yea Cube they didn't look kindly on us independant type back then did they.

cube_rat said:
Yeah, he ran off the train like a little sissy. I gave him a new perspective on female ball bustin' ;)

Ouch... Way to go Ms. cutbe_rat ;)

I think, i'll rethink my future plans for becoming a dirty ol man. Too many of you agressive manly-girls out there. :D

MJ

cube_rat said:
OP seems to be stuck in the dark ages where women "appeared" to take this sort of behavior as a compliment. Women were treated as second class citizens, not allowed to vote, work, use birth control and had to be subservient to their husbands. Women DID NOT have support systems to help them understand that inappropriate touching is INAPPROPRIATE and UNACCEPTABLE.

Thank goodness I didn't live back in the good old days as OP seems to tout as a great time for the "fairer sex". I would've accused of being a witch and burned at the stake.

I have to assume here you refer to me although my name appears nowhere above. Who is OP?

I am not stuck in the dark ages. I simply refer to an era when many of you weren't even born. I speak of the fifties where, in some Southern European countries, Italy for one, having ones bum pinched or being whistled at, was considered by some local gals as somewhat funny, perhaps amusing, possibly a compliment, and these gals back then certainly did not make a big deal out of it.

Time marches on and nowadays in this politically-correct Western society such behaviour is considered offensive if not outright criminal. I won't waste my time in arguing this point but it amazes me that you, as well as other posters here, do not react in incredulity that a person who commits this 'unspeakable crime' would get a four year jail term.

You also don't seem to be able to undertand that this Columbian gal had the option of giving this lout a good old-fashioined slap and that would have been the end of it. But no she had to press charges and look at what happened. So I can only conclude that such a harsh sentence is fine and dandy in your books?

Don't any, can't any, of you people grasp the concept of the punishment fitting the crime?

I am truly astonished at the reaction, or rather the lack of it, by some of you folks so far. Are you really all so bloody rigid in your collective mindset and attitudes? Isn't one, yes just one of you, willing to see the bigger picture?

I guess not!

Some of you may be aware of a dark time in this board's history when hosuc (misspelled on purpose) created a troll problem. Dory's board is one of 4 or 5 that have actually taken the action to ban him from further posting.

Last week, hosuc began posting over on M* boards -- playing his typical troll games. It was very interesting how the M* posters handled the situation. There was simply never any acknowledgement that he posted when he was off topic. No one took the bait. It was very effective. After a handful of posts, with no responses, hosuc would move on to another thread. I was impressed with the discipine of those posters and how effective that technique can be. :) :D :D :D :)

SteveR said:
What if the girl that was pinched was your wife or SO?  How would you feel about it then? 
First I'd feel that I'd have to restrain her from crossing the line of aggravated assault & grevious bodily harm into manslaughter.

Then I'd feel that I should contact a good bail bond company.

Then I'd feel that I should raise our liability insurance.

Other'n that, I'd feel that the miscreant was reaping the rewards of his behavior.

((^+^)) SG said:
Some of you may be aware of a dark time in this board's history when hosuc (misspelled on purpose) created a troll problem. Dory's board is one of 4 or 5 that have actually taken the action to ban him from further posting.

Last week, hosuc began posting over on M* boards -- playing his typical troll games. It was very interesting how the M* posters handled the situation. There was simply never any acknowledgement that he posted when he was off topic. No one took the bait. It was very effective. After a handful of posts, with no responses, hosuc would move on to another thread. I was impressed with the discipine of those posters and how effective that technique can be. :) :D :D :D :)
According to his profile he's been posting there since last July. Arrete (and probably a host of others) promptly reported him to M*'s Community Watch and have been responding to his trolls posts. The first thing the M* moderator did was remove his signature link to his website, but he's otherwise reverted to his usual form. It's the typical pattern-- they ask him a few questions that could be satisfied with brief factual responses, he equivocates, and the rest of the M* population moves on to other things.

SG, I think that we've seen plenty of demonstrations that too few of us on this board are able to reliabily resist trolling. You're not proposing that we reinstitute the kayak defense?!?!! Yikes!!

Nords said:
. . . You're not proposing that we reinstitute the kayak defense?!?!!  Yikes!!
Kayaks were effective and fun. But surely a group of creative retirees can come up with a novel idea that will be even better. Let's start a new tradition. :D :D :) :D :D

I hate to say it, but if a good looking woman patted me on the ass, I wouldn't file charges. Well, maybe have her put under house arrest...MY house! :-*

On a serious note though, yes, the dude on the bike should have some kind of punishment, but 4 years is damned excessive. Hell, there are probably rapists that get off with less than that. And putting an ass-patting in the same league with rape is an insult to victims of sexual violence everywhere.

Your wish...
img_366200_0_7a8bf9a4f20c0d3e1d687522610a8785.jpg

cube_rat said:
You don't know who OP is?  :confused:  Where have you been?
OP Taylor. I believe he was Andy Griffith's son. He lived in Mayberry, NC and often went fishing and kayaking with his father. :D :D :)

Andre1969 said:
On a serious note though, yes, the dude on the bike should have some kind of punishment, but 4 years is damned excessive. Hell, there are probably rapists that get off with less than that. And putting an ass-patting in the same league with rape is an insult to victims of sexual violence everywhere.

Finally some uncommon good sense.

But if you can figure that one out, why on earth can't the rest of this bunch who are all off on a similar tangent and thus are not able to see the forest from the trees, and that includes the moderator?

Is everyone so flippant around here? So one-track minded? Is this issue so difficult to grasp?

You, Andre 1969, thank Gawd are a breath of fresh air.

I wonder if OP ever learned to whistle. :confused: or was that Andy doing the whistling? It always bothered me that Aunt B didn't go fishing with them, but she was probably a little big for a kayak. :D :D :)

Back
Top Bottom