Any single moms out there?

SingleMomDreamer

Recycles dryer sheets
I just read through the posting on singles on this website, and it looks like all but a few posters are single guys without kids. I can see I'm in the minority right off the bat being female. So I'm quite curious now--any other single moms out there?

Ok you can count me. Widowed (17 years ago) mom of 2 kinda growns. One thru college other still in and both at home with the dog. I retired 2 years ago and am mostly content with LBYM and am 3 to 7 years from accessing my IRA's at 59 & 1/2. (3 years means a 72T and 7 years is age 59 & 1/2)

SingleMomDreamer said:
and it looks like all but a few posters are single guys without kids.

Actually, I would say probably a majority are/were married and many of us have kids.

Nevertheless, welcome.

Add me to the group .I raised my kids for six years as a single Mom then I remarried .Widowed at 51 with a daughter in college .

So how did you all manage to do it? I've got a plan and a dream and I'm dedicated to the goal of early retirement. Of course, it all depends on a bit of luck and good health as well. Any secrets you can pass along? I'm on a 7-year plan.

Well, I'm a divorced dad of 3 young kids.

As to your plan, you may want to post it here for critique. It would probably be quite valuable to you if you are open to feedback. Lots of very smart folks here.

2Cor521

Another one here. I raised my kids alone from when they were 9 mos and 2 years old. They're 19 and 20 now, more kinda growns.

Back
Top Bottom