any Synchrony folks here?

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This mo I got a letter saying the W9 was on the wrong form and that I would have to fill in and send in on the form provided. The strange thing is that same thing happened a yr ago when I resubmitted the form and got verbal confirmation of receipt. also no other banks are complaining about bad form
w9s

Yes, I had to fill it out earlier this year. I’d had an account for years, but they decided form W9 was incorrect this year. I don’t remember submitting one in the past. I have never had to fill this this out for another financial institution.

I'm with Synchrony, and I really like them! Haven't had any problems (so far) with my W9's. My accounts are all living trust accounts (which is why my HYS accounts and CDs are with Synchrony), if that matters.

I'm with Synchrony, and I really like them! Haven't had any problems (so far) with my W9's. My accounts are all living trust accounts (which is why my HYS accounts and CDs are with Synchrony), if that matters.

took them down a notch..............

established a min deposit for mmkt and then w/o notice closed account and sent paper check for sub-min balance:facepalm:

Talked to supe this AM who confirmed that I had an Aug 2020 w9 that was valid.........seems a long time for one sent Dec 2019/received Jan 2020 to get into the system. She volunteered to send confirming letter of valid w9 which I accepted. why the system is still send out notices? left hand/right hand

Talked to supe this AM who confirmed that I had an Aug 2020 w9 that was valid.........seems a long time for one sent Dec 2019/received Jan 2020 to get into the system. She volunteered to send confirming letter of valid w9 which I accepted. why the system is still send out notices? left hand/right hand
Well - sometimes things happen. I've generally been happy with them. That was the first and only hassle.

Well, not quite as it's annoying to not be able to provide CD maturity instructions online and have to call in instead. That tends to keep me from buying CDs with them unless it's an exceptional deal. But I've been quite happy with their online savings.

Last edited:
The Synchrony apps and statements for my Paypal accounts are really funky. That could be due to paypal and not Synchrony.

Back
Top Bottom