Anybody been on a Quiz Show?

I never tried out for a quiz show. A fellow scientist at work tried out for Jeopardy but didn't make it. Before that, everyone at work thought she was not very bright but after trying out she got a promotion. So I guess that even trying out for the show did her some good professionally speaking.

How cool that braumeister's cousin was on Howdy Doody! That was such a neat show for kids back then. In December of 1960, I was in a group of 3 girls from my seventh grade class who got to sing "O Tannenbaum" on local educational TV in the original German. None of us spoke German at all, so we had no idea what the words we were singing actually meant. :LOL: But we had been coached so our pronunciation was in the ballpark. I still remember the words in German. Anyway I thought that was a pretty amazing experience at the time.

No quiz show TV appearances for me. There were times at Megacorp, however, when I felt like I was the contestant in a surreal episode of a show composed of Jeopardy, Lets Make a Deal, and Family Feud all mashed together.

Hah!

My cousin was once in the Peanut Gallery on the Howdy Doody show on TV. He answered correctly when asked his name, so I guess that counts as a quiz. :D

DS, at age 10, juggled on the Howdy Doody show as part of the entertainment. DW got to sit in the Peanut Gallery. I got to hear about it after I got home from work at the factory. I quizzed them both about the experience. Does that count?

Our neighbor recorded the event on a VHS tape which I suppose I better get converted to another format before it rots.

DS, at age 10, juggled on the Howdy Doody show as part of the entertainment. DW got to sit in the Peanut Gallery.

Actually, the place the grownups sat was the Coconut Gallery. I was a regular watcher.

Actually, the place the grownups sat was the Coconut Gallery. I was a regular watcher.

Well I tell ya........ ! DW is out doing some early spring fiddling around in her flower bed. When she comes in, I'm going to bring this to her attention! I'm sure (at least I think I'm sure) she told me she sat in the Peanut Gallery.

OTOH, if she's still wearing her gardening gloves, maybe I'll just let it go. It's been 35 years and it's always possible it's my memory that's failing. And she's got quite a grip with those gardening gloves on....... :bat:

Pretty sure Howdy Doody was long gone before 1984 (35 years ago) or VHS.

You are so right Crabby! I gathered up DW and the tape to refresh my ole noggin and it turned out that youbet jr juggled on Bozo’s Circus and not Howdy Doody. How embarrassing to get those mixed up!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom