Anyone else get a one-time SSA Payment in November?

athena53

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I usually get SS on the second Wednesday of the month but a couple of days ago my Fidelity checking account showed a deposit from SSA of $23. This morning I saw another for $230. I went to MySSA.gov and the $230 payment is described in the Payment History as a "one-time payment". Well, THAT's helpful.:rolleyes: The $23 doesn't show up at all.

This can't be something handed out to low-income recipients; my monthly payment before deductions is over $4,000.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm almost afraid to add it to my account in case they decide to reverse it.

My wife received one in October that appeared on the web. She got a letter from SSA about a week later explaining the reason.

My wife received one in October that appeared on the web. She got a letter from SSA about a week later explaining the reason.

Thanks. I talked to a friend who said that he'd also gotten this, with the explanation that his 2023 SS amount had been miscalculated. I guess it's real!

I'm really surprised that this hasn't shown up in clickbait "news" articles. I'm already seeing headlines about how "seniors may be getting two SS checks this month" (if you're usually paid on the first, it's 12/1 and 12/31 rather than 12/1 and 1/1).

Back
Top Bottom