Anyone else get the vanguard first quarter market activity email?

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got an email with a live link to a recorded vanguard presentation on market activity and vanguard fund performance. Just into the first 10 minutes of it and so far the presenter is just 'reading his slides' which I hate, but the info is interesting.

The message said it was just for "selected flagship customers"...I was wondering if anyone with voyager or regular customer status got it as well.

If I was the only one that got it, I can synopsis-ize any really interesting stuff.

Any possibility of posting the link itself? :)

Its a button in the email and requires I log in with a username and password provided. Even if I could pass along the 'button', I think if 1000 people log in with my username and password I wont be getting this ever again ;)

Its a "microsoft office live meeting" thing. Havent seen one of these before, must be something new. I suppose if I still had a job I'd have seen it before...

we could always try using our own Vanguard username/passwords... couldn't hurt to try? :)

Those pre-recorded live meeting sessions are pretty slick. Microsoft has tons of their previous sessions available online in this format, and are a very very useful resource. With all the new junk in SQL Server 2005, these sessions are pretty much the only way to stay current, even if you have your own beta copy.

It was a separate username and password for the online meeting that was issued with the email.

Come on Marshac, I'm the king of weasel. If I thought there was a way to let everyone in on it, I would!

Hey, you never will get anywhere in this life if you don't ask  :D As they say in sales, you have to 'ask for the sale'  :)

Attachments

• weasel.jpg
    weasel.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 46
Try this and tell me if it works. Open internet exploder and paste this link in.

mms://streaming.placeware.com/ab3/CHA/web/r/vanguard_ccc/37pb8wtrv3433vcc/wmm-33954/placeware.wmv

You |33t hax0r you. We bow to your mad skillz. :-*

Yeah wow...I can right click on a stream, click properties and cut and paste something. Bow before me.

You're not getting everything here, just the foils and the monotone hum reading them, but its the good stuff. Nothing surprising so far, stuff you can get by watching bloomberg for two hours and reading a vanguard write up or two. Inflation is good except for energy, wages down, employment improving, oil up, use good balanced asset allocation because sometimes one thing does well and other times something else does, yada yada yada.

One interesting thing is the first 'fixed income' slide. Over 3 months, 1 year and 3 years, corporate has only marginally outperformed treasuries, and long and intermediate returns have kicked short terms butt.

You'd think in at least the 90 day and 1 year areas with the rising interest rate thing that shorts would be doing better than longs. Apparently not so.

Their estimates for returns in the next year are 5.6% for equities and 4.6% for bonds.

Ick. Sounds like cash/cd's are your friend if they're right.

Nope.

I just finished watching the whole thing amidst baby interruptions, dog interruptions and cooking two meals...

Mostly basic trends and an overview of what all the major funds did. If you read the corporate quarterly and annual reports you didnt miss anything.

th said:
Their estimates for returns in the next year are 5.6% for equities and 4.6% for bonds.

Ick.  Sounds like cash/cd's are your friend if they're right.

Cash/CDs can be your " friend", but I'll keep getting my 6.5% to 7%
right through the next year, if no one defaults. I'd rather
be getting it from something which was FDIC insured of course.

JG

Yeah, I got that email also. I watched some of the video, but found it boring and irritating to listen to, since the audio quality wasn't so good.

TromboneAl said:
Yeah, I got that email also.  I watched some of the video, but found it boring and irritating to listen to, since the audio quality wasn't so good.

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom