Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't visit anywhere outside of Prague but there may be interesting day trip options?

Of course Cesky Krumlov is a UNESCO Heritage attraction but it's 180 km from Prague, a 3-5 hour bus ride.

Cesky Krumlov is a day trip from Prague. I didn't go there, but friends who did said it was beautiful. I did visit Terezin, site of the infamous concentration camp and Potemkin village. It was intense but very interesting.

I plan to see a lot of castles in England, thanks to Netflix and its great British Castles show.

I plan to see a lot of castles in England, thanks to Netflix and its great British Castles show.

The Edward I castles in Wales are well worth visiting also.

Forgot to say, Kutna Hora and Sedlec, the latter the location of the Bone Church, are also a UNESCO Heritage Site. I knew of Cesky Krumlov, but did not have time to visit. So, I have got to come back.

Yep, one visit to most places is never enough. Some places in the US, we have visited more than half a dozen times, and can still find something new to do. I certainly have not visited foreign places that many times. This upcoming trip, we will be together in Paris for the 3rd time. It will be the 4th time for my wife (but she never remembers in details all the places that she has been, not having my "superior" memory).

I'm glad I went to a Paris with my husband before I got married. It was in the winter, I had lovely roasted chestnuts, chocolate crepe, 9-course New Year Eve dinner. I loved the large tulips that I purchased for 99 Fr. I've been back a few more times since but it's not the same.
But I've been to England for about 15-20 times but have never been to Stonehenge. Maybe I'll manage to do that on my next trip. So I don't plan to see everything, I want to leave a little bit for me to come back.
But it depends on the place. I've spent 3 days on the Colloseum alone. I'm still in awe of that place, especially with the movie Gladiator flashing through my mind as I was touring the place.

Last edited:
Heading to the Galapagos, so will most likely be out of internet access for a couple of weeks. Cameras, binoculars, snorkels, etc. all set. May post a few pictures when we get back. One of those "trip of a lifetime" deals, I think.

Heading to the Galapagos, so will most likely be out of internet access for a couple of weeks. Cameras, binoculars, snorkels, etc. all set. May post a few pictures when we get back. One of those "trip of a lifetime" deals, I think.

Be safe, have fun :greetings10:

Last edited by a moderator:
We just booked an All Inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen for our 30th and DW's
Birthday as they fall within a week of each other 8 nights total. we booked not for December.

Booked our Annual Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. Waiting to book Party of the Senses....Adult Disney...Love it......Hopefully will see Jefferson Starship at Eat to the Beat Concerts....

Going to Wooster, Ohio this weekend to watch DS graduate from college. This represents the end of 12 consecutive years of paying for college for DD1, DD2, and DS. We thought we were through, but we've decided to help DS with his master's for the next two years at Ohio State.

Rebooked Beaches Turks and Caicos today. It will be our 8th time there. Had to move it from our usual last week in July due to DS2 attending Air Force ROTC boot camp.

Great place but supply and demand is working too well. It has increased by something like $500 each year for our family every year. Next year will probably be our last as the kids aren't really kids any more.

We will soon be taking a Viking River Cruise, first river cruise.
We will be in Budapest, and just watched the movie "walking with the enemy" which is based on history during WWII and takes place in Budapest.
So it will be fun to see the buildings that were in the movie. The movie was good.

I just booked a Canada New England cruise for fall of 2018 for DH and myself. Plan is to fly to Montreal and stay 3 nights, take train/bus to Quebec City and stay 4 nights and then hop on cruise for a week and a half. Can't wait and already researching things to do, hotels, etc.

Went on a previous Canada New England cruise, but didn't go as far as Quebec City.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk HD

I just booked a Canada New England cruise for fall of 2018 for DH and myself. Plan is to fly to Montreal and stay 3 nights, take train/bus to Quebec City and stay 4 nights and then hop on cruise for a week and a half. Can't wait and already researching things to do, hotels, etc.

Went on a previous Canada New England cruise, but didn't go as far as Quebec City.

Sounds great.
Your USD will go farther due to the very favorable exchange rate.
I flew out of the Montreal airport a long time ago.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155032-s301/Montreal:Quebec:Arriving.And.Departing.html

When my kids came back this weekend for Mother's Day, I gave all of my AA miles to the youngest child. She was thinking of booking her trip to Europe using the cheap air like WOW but the return trip was much more expensive than she was willing to spend, so I gave her 65,000 miles from AA to book any time return trip from Europe. This was the miles I was thinking of spending for part of my Japan trip. So I now have to go get more miles for my Japan trip.

I'd be wary about getting a lot of AA miles.

They are the hardest airline to redeem miles for tickets.

I'd be wary about getting a lot of AA miles.

They are the hardest airline to redeem miles for tickets.

Not to me so far, as long as I avoid London. I paid $45 for flight from BCN to LAX. This same flight costs $2600 on Google flight. WOW was $700 something.

Just booked to Slovenia for 8 nights in late July, renting a car and touring the country. Of course, we have researched and know the highlights. Any first hand experience or recommendations?

Just got back from a week of visiting in the Tampa area. Record heat! Was nice getting together with old friends.

Finally booked our flights to Amsterdam this summer. Planning on a nice long stay > 6 weeks. Our nephews will be out of school so fun times in the summer! Amsterdam is a lot cooler than south Texas in August, and a lot cooler than most areas south in Europe too, even Paris!

Working hard on that Dutch.....

Last edited:
Starting to set up a LA trip with DGF. Need to see the Dan Gurney exhibit at the Peterson Automotive Museum. He's the guy who first sprayed champagne after winning a race (Le Mans, 1967) and had an amazing career as a racer, car builder and race team owner. Last trip to the Petersen was in 1998, and there have been a lot of changes recently. DGF is a Cali girl, so there will be a few other stops while we're there.

I think The Beach Boys have to come out with a new song, it's going to be called Cali girls, because right now we only have California girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom