attn: Costco shoppers....

wildcat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am just curious about the prices on some items in your area. I know the prices will vary some depending on geographic location but it should give me some idea.

I eat a lot of fruit & I try to eat fish instead of other meats. Only problem is that it does get expensive. Produce prices around here have skyrocketed and eating a lot of fish adds up fast. What is the typical price you pay per pound for say - salmon & tilapia (my 2 favorites) - and fruit - oranges, apples, berries, etc.?

Also, does Costco carry Kashi products in bulk? I really like their granola bars :)

Bananas are around .39 per pound. That's for two bunches of very green bananas that take about 10 days to ripen.

Ok, thanks t-al. That's about 10 cents lower than the local grocery and it rarely goes on sale @ .39 per pound. Bananas are the one item in produce that never seem to rise in price - a break-even or loss leader I suppose.

Costco does carry kashi frozen dinners, and Gabe loves them. They're about $10 for four. Sams club carries the Kaschi granola bars (rated #1 by several consumer pubs) and Gabe likes those too! I dont recall the price.

As far as I know, Costco is, at least within regions and countries, fairly static on their prices. I have noticed that sams club definitely prices to the direct market. Stuff at my sams club is a lot cheaper than stuff at the sams club in the area i'm moving to shortly.

Fish prices for mainstream fishies like the ones you mentioned seem to run about $6-10/lb around here in bulk at the warehouse clubs. Add 50-75% to buy the same at the grocery store.

Do have a look at the increasing toxin levels of fish these days. We've cut back on fish a bit over the last few years...

In the store.....

Salmon - $7 to $9
Talapia - $4 to $6

We prefer to eat fish we've caught ourselves, especially walleye. I'd estimate that by going "up nort," catching them ourselves and hauling them home, we get walleye for about $50 - $100/lb depending on the year. :eek:

4 Cucumber $1
4 Red/Yellow/Green Peppers $1
10 Italian Tomatoes $1
2 Loafs of Bread $1
1lb Asparagus $1.5
1/2 flat strawberrys $3
1 Head Cabbage $1
7 Bannans $1
3lbs onions $1
5 Sweet Potatoes $1
etc. etc. etc.
Love the Webster Flea Market! Webster, Florida every Monday

organic banana .29 cents each

basket of organic strawberries $4.99

basket of organic blueberries $3.99

at trader joes.... i contribute a substantial portion of my income every month :-X

I never buy from major supermarkets unless it's an emergency - their prices are the worst - like 2 lemons for $1 and worse - you're paying per advertisement which is heavy...

i don't buy all organic but try to for the "dirty dozen"

i don't buy a ton of fruit at costco cuz they don't have a lot of organic...

4 Cucumber $1
4 Red/Yellow/Green Peppers $1
10 Italian Tomatoes $1
2 Loafs of Bread $1
1lb Asparagus $1.5
1/2 flat strawberrys $3
1 Head Cabbage $1
7 Bannans $1
3lbs onions $1
5 Sweet Potatoes $1

kowski -

Those are Costco prices in your area? Some of those look pretty good.

No not Costco, but the Webster Flea Market. No membership fee ha ha

Back
Top Bottom