Average gas price $6.20/gal by end of Summer

Last evening we went "Christmas light looking" and I noticed that gas in one town about 20 miles up the road was $2.35 about 2 miles from I75,same town on I75 was $2.69 and here in my town it is $2.59 on I75 and $2.49 off the interstate. Still better than the prices this summer!

True, but they are a minority in my experience.

For years to come, having enough oil to more-or-less stabilize prices is a matter of national will. It's clear that the current "will" is to reduce FF usage - not increase it to meet demand. That leads to disruptions (like when a geopolitical "event" happens) which, coupled with our current FF dependence, means higher prices.

For years to come, having enough oil to more-or-less stabilize prices is a matter of national will. It's clear that the current "will" is to reduce FF usage - not increase it to meet demand. That leads to disruptions (like when a geopolitical "event" happens) which, coupled with our current FF dependence, means higher prices.

The price of gasoline has dropped significantly recently. Did anything you mentioned, like "will" change recently?

Last edited:
The price of gasoline has dropped significantly recently. Did anything you mentioned, like "will" change recently?

With "Will" the prices wouldn't have gone up in the first place - no need for it to come back down. "Will" is anticipatory while we simply "react" to high gas prices (open the Strategic Reserves, cut back driving, delete state gas taxes etc. etc.) IF we decided to stabilize gas prices, it would take the will to accomplish that. With the right will, we would store more fuel, refine more fuel, build more pipe lines, open more Fed lands, etc., etc. Very doable - except for the will to do so. Not even suggesting that's a good thing, but it IS doable. Stable gas prices would be "nice" but they won't transition us to EVs. Seems we have the will to do the later. YMMV

With "Will" the prices wouldn't have gone up in the first place - no need for it to come back down. "Will" is anticipatory while we simply "react" to high gas prices (open the Strategic Reserves, cut back driving, delete state gas taxes etc. etc.) IF we decided to stabilize gas prices, it would take the will to accomplish that. With the right will, we would store more fuel, refine more fuel, build more pipe lines, open more Fed lands, etc., etc. Very doable - except for the will to do so. Not even suggesting that's a good thing, but it IS doable. Stable gas prices would be "nice" but they won't transition us to EVs. Seems we have the will to do the later. YMMV

Wow

Back
Top Bottom