B&M location question

old medic

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone see or know of any issues with using an out of state office?
We have both Schwab/Fido located about the same distance away, but the one city is in another state. We don't visit either city on a regular basis, but personally prefer going to the out of state city.
Or can we go to either as needed?

I've used Fido offices in both Boston and Fort Lauderdale; mostly for deposits. Same as any national/regional 'bank' type of place IMO.

We have both Schwab/Fido located about the same distance away, but the one city is in another state. We don't visit either city on a regular basis, but personally prefer going to the out of state city.

I’m in PA and my Schwab guy is in Tampa, Fl. He was transferred from USAA when they sold their brokerage and wealth management services to Schwab.

It all depends on what you NEED at the office that you can't take care of with a call to customer service or do yourself on-line.

These two firms operate like any other large firm with branch offices, you can go to any one and they will help you.

- Rita

It all depends on what you NEED at the office that you can't take care of with a call to customer service or do yourself on-line.

Thats just it, Im not sure what I need... I have talked with a CS rep in the out of state city and looks like theres no issues for me to worry about. I have set up an account online and just need to move some money...

It all depends on what you NEED at the office that you can't take care of with a call to customer service or do yourself on-line. ...
My view is slightly different. We have a dedictaed Schwab rep. -- $1M minimum to get one under their current rules. His job is to take care of us along with taking care of a jillion other "Pinnacle" level clients We ask him for information once in a while and for help with the odd bit of administriva, like getting a bank wire to Republic of South Africa.

I try to be more than a name or an unknown voice on the phone to people like this who have lots of demands on their time. I don't physically see him too often, but recently I gave him a pair of Warren and Charlie rubber ducks which spent some time on his desktop before going home for his young twin sons. I also talk to him once or twice a year and exchange a few emails. This is generally consistent with my philosophy on support troops. It works. I get very fast responses to any requests, usually same day.

38349-albums263-picture2356.jpg

So, OP, assuming you have a dedicated name I would take the time to visit, maybe have a lunch to get to know each other. Then find the occasional excuse to stay in touch. This will save screwing around trying to figure out their web site and will save trying to deal with an anonymous customer service rep. (Their reps are not bad, and our account numbers cause us to go into a high-service phone queue, but it's not as easy as asking my buddy Bill a question or to solve a problem.) YMMV, of course.

So, OP, assuming you have a dedicated name I would take the time to visit, maybe have a lunch to get to know each other. Then find the occasional excuse to stay in touch.

Well we dont have $1M.... not even a quarter that... But I have a name and his direct #, and he invested about 30 minutes with me on the phone with what I'm thinking about doing, and the minor amount of money... comparatively, we are talking about. So I'm taking a check down to him personally next week and get the ball rolling.

Back
Top Bottom