Bacon Flowchart

Fess up

Ok who got the tat! I know its one of you. Oh and pancake stuff as a bonus viewing pleasure

How timely. I'm enjoying some niman ranch dry cured applewood smoked as we speak!

Costco has 3 12oz packages for $9.xx. Pretty good considering one package at the supermarket costs almost that much.

Odd bacon...shrinks a lot, chewy, fat part remains very pure white no matter how long you cook it. It almost looks like a fake dog bacon when cooked, although I mean that more from the contrast of reddish/brown meat and pure white fat...not that it looks bad...just that I could pick it out in a bacon lineup pretty easily.

Oh, and very very delish!

BLT's sometime this week. We have some tasty apple wood bacon . That is a good price. I usually broil the bacon.

Baked at 350-400 (whatever I feel like, whichever oven buttons look happiest at the moment) for about 15 minutes, no turning. Line the cookie pan with foil and after the fat cools you can just roll it up and throw it away. No pans to clean.

Perfect every time. I do a whole package/pound at a pop and ziploc it.

I should have snapped a picture of me, my dad and Gabe all gnawing on a strip while watching football yesterday. Three generations of bacon eating.

Further, just yesterday I became aware of a food product called a "scotch egg" at an english pub type place that other than the scotch egg had incredibly bad food.

The scotch egg is a hard boiled egg that has been rolled in cooked ground sausage. It is then breaded and then deep fried.

Bon appetit!
Scotch+Egg.jpg

We have a family recipe for "Scotch egg" using sauteed ground pork (seasoned to taste), wrapped around the hard-boiled egg, and rolled in bread crumbs, then deep-fried. The ground pork sticks to the egg only if you use egg white, or a beaten egg as mortar sparingly. It is labor intensive, but yummy.

Further, just yesterday I became aware of a food product called a "scotch egg" at an english pub type place that other than the scotch egg had incredibly bad food.

The scotch egg is a hard boiled egg that has been rolled in cooked ground sausage. It is then breaded and then deep fried.

Bon appetit!
Scotch+Egg.jpg

Only place I have ever seen Scotch Eggs on the menu is Brit's Pub in Minneapolis. Brit's Pub & Eating Establishment Good stuff! :)

We have a real problem . I was not a bacon lover . I liked bacon occasionally but since this thread I 'm in big trouble . We went out for lunch today and what did I have a BLT . I crave Blt's . I can not get enough of bacon . I see bacon on a menu and it is like a magnet . Thanks CFB !

Entirely my pleasure! :)

Its part of my grand scheme to get everyone to take SS early and then kill them off with bacon! >:D

The Middletown Press - 28 students suspended for morning BBQ

"We didn't have beer, we didn't have weed, we had bacon," said Eddie Mangini, who along with the others did not anticipate the two-day suspension.

"A small group talking, not being loud, not being dangerous ... We were just cooking bacon."

Next thing you know, bacon will be a misdemeanor.

Oh my dear god.

20080925-Bacon_Cinnamon_Rolls_6.jpg

20080925-Bacon_Cinnamon_Rolls_2.jpg

I should at this point note that I had bacon and home baked cinnabons 3 days straight last week, so I've been fully inoculated. I didnt think to directly combine the two.

One day I warmed up two cinnabons and two strips of bacon. After Gabe at his he looked at the plate and said "Where the heck is the rest of the bacon?!?"

He was very disappointed when I told him it was one piece each. :(

More bacon:

disclaimer: portrait is not me.

Attachments

• 00743.JPG
    00743.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 7
  • 00747.JPG
    00747.JPG
    712.4 KB · Views: 8
I'm workin' at the p.d. this a.m....I'm starving. I wonder if there is bacon in the vending machine.

Yeah, yeah...no pig jokes please.....>:D

Anyone smell bacon? :)

My old work used to have jimmy dean sausage and biscuits with sausage gravy in the vending machine. Quite nice of them.

I wont say what I want too. I wont say what I want too. Listen to my inner voice...:duh:

Back
Top Bottom