Bacon Flowchart

Oh icky...injected liquid brine and faux smoke... :p

Dry rubbed, hung for a year or so, and cold smoked. Only way to go.

for people who just can't get enough bacon:
Stand-Up Comedian Videos - Jim Gaffigan-Bacon

Now if you want to talk guanciale.. that's a whole 'nother fatty deeelight:
guanciale-cut.jpg

We have some hanging up in the cantina (bought, not home-cured).

Guanciale, the magic Roman bacon
(this is a cool foodie site with many yummy-sounding recipes described and photographed with care)

I've had them like that...only not breaded and deep fried. Dang, now there's another one I'll have to try! Maybe the same day I do breaded and deep fried brussels!

:2funny: Now THERE's a death wish if I ever heard of one! The only thing scarier I can imagine would be eating the breaded, deep fried, cheeze-whiz stuffed, bacon wrapped hot dog with breaded and deep fried brussels sprout while sky diving! :D

W2R (who will never jump out of a perfectly good airplane, either!)

Brussels sprouts are awesome.. esp. with BACON. Try frying up some BACON cut first into bits, with a bit of onion or shallots... throw in trimmed sprouts cut in half with a handful of chicken broth.. simmer on low for a while.. then uncover and cook off the excess liquid. They are awesome! Also try throwing in a handful of toasted pinoli towards the end, plus some plumped-up currants. Also, a slashing of cider vinegar before the final reduction.

Can you tell I'm a B.Sprouts convert?

Waste of perfectly good bacon.

There are millions of scallops, chicken livers and snippets of filet mignon wailing at this suggested marriage.

Is there such a thing as a brussel sprout troll? ;)

MAN, you sound like the guy protesting gay marriage.. you think those lezbians needs must come hankering after your "snippets of filet mignon"...

Different strokes, my friend!

--
Funny aside-in-waiting: we get castoffs from the butcher, paying for his refuse. This round, together with the various chicken carcasses, beef ribs, tongue, lung, and spleen.. were some unsold chi-chi prepared chicken thighs (I think) wrapped in BACON, stuffed with prosciutto or some other cold cut, and sprinkled with RED PEPPER FLAKES. Oscar, our dog, will be getting a swift lesson in the culinary arts. I'll try to report back when they are defrosted and come around in his menu plan.

Hmmm - for those on a diet wrap your Bacon in a paper towel, nuke to desired state of low low fatness(takes a few test runs) - and chase down with a lite beer or diet pop of choice.

B&B

heh heh heh

And let me have one of those diet lesbians, too... >:D

I've stir-fried sprouts with bacon, seasonings like granulated garlic and black pepper, a dash of salt, and a splash of H20; not half bad.

Generally speaking, though, if I have to go to that much trouble to cover up or change the flavor of something...

So I broke down and looked at this thread. Since bacon is one of my not so secret pleasures. I never dreamed of having a burger 100% bacon. With the super bowl coming up it maybe time..

Since you had such extreme discipline, may I suggest that you bread and deep fry it as a final stage?

Diet lesbians. Nah, not gonna do it.

Thats from the other top food item...the hotdog stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon, fried, then battered and deep fried.

If yer gonna run with the big dogs...ya cant pee like a puppy...

Back
Top Bottom