Bank Question-Civic Federal Credit Union

old medic

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We have been with our state credit union for over 30 years. Its split between State and Local government employees, and we have accounts on both sides. Well now the LGFCU is parting ways and moving to this CIVIC FCU... and they have no brick-and-mortar places, everything is online. Don't know anything about them. I do like having a place I can walk in, and they call you by your 1st name.

I’ve had a few credit unions that were acquired and I always stuck around to see how things worked out. Sometimes they grandfather policies from the predecessor CU. I recall 0 fee credit advances, e.g. It’s usually only a few bucks to maintain an account so keep both active for awhile.

We have been with our state credit union for over 30 years. Its split between State and Local government employees, and we have accounts on both sides. Well now the LGFCU is parting ways and moving to this CIVIC FCU... and they have no brick-and-mortar places, everything is online. Don't know anything about them. I do like having a place I can walk in, and they call you by your 1st name.
Ok, I'll bite. The title says bank question but the OP does not have a question. Huh?

Ok, I'll bite. The title says bank question but the OP does not have a question. Huh?

Sorry.... was wondering about folks opinion of online only banks, or personal opinions of this specific bank.

And it's a Credit Union, not a "bank"! (j/k)

A bit more seriously, our old long term Employee Owned/Operated Credit Union got bought out/merged with a larger one a few years back. They still have a B&M office (though I rarely used it), and everything works pretty much as it had before. No issues.

-ERD50

Last edited:
Sorry.... was wondering about folks opinion of online only banks, or personal opinions of this specific bank.

No knowledge of that specific credit union. I've used onine banking (Discover Bank) for years with no problems... I've even had them wire funds... good service. I would not get hung up on online vs B&M for banking, even the credit union that we use for our main checking account we rarely go into the B&M office... deposits are done by phone app and withdrawals by ATM.

Also, for years before we relocated to FL we had a credit union account in VT and did everything on the phone app for the months that we were in FL.

Back
Top Bottom