Baseball 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^
Bottom of the 7th. They are toast.

Last edited:
Texas Rangers!!!!!!

I’m not sure if I’m more happy about the World Series or knocking out the Astros. Both are pretty sweet!

A little trivia...

In the 2019 World Series with the Nationals’ 6-2 win in Game 7, the juggernaut Astros, who won more games than any other team in baseball this season, made an unfortunate kind of history: Mark this down as the first seven-game series in Major League Baseball, NHL or NBA history in which the home team lost every game.

And they did it again :mad: Maybe next year ☮

I suspect this has to do with SEX - when at home.

"Some experts believe skipping out on sex at least 48 hours before competition is best since anything closer to game day may relax you too much and decrease aggression and testosterone"

That has to be it and it is pretty obvious that an unnamed Ranger has a lot of aggression and frustration (Garcia).

Last edited:
If they lose 4 games at home I don't know what I'll do. I first had my heart broken by the Astros in elementary school when they lost the NLCS in '86. Then again in '17 as we were recovering from losing our home that August due to Hurricane Harvey...and finding out they had cheated.

However, the past few years have been the golden years to be an Astros fan.

Just need to add another ring for '23. :popcorn:

Well, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Maybe next year - Congrats to the Rangers fans (and cherish this moment as we'll be back to return it to HOU) :D

Astros were my first team as a kid. But the sign stealing has for me left them in a poor light.

I can't pull for them. And I was happy the Nats (my current home team) rebuked them in 2019.

When they also lost 4 at home.

The Rangers sure bounced back after that heartbreaker in game 5.

I think I saw a stat on the TV that said Garcia had 9 RBI's in his last 6 ABs.

I'm surprised at the lack of posts for the Diamondbacks. Here's a team that backed into the playoffs, was given little chance of going anywhere once the playoffs started, and have swept the Brewers, Dodgers, and come back from 0-2 to force a Game 7 vs the Phils.

Exciting win last night.

Go D'Backs!

Yep, back to the sports book to cash in... Or more likely to re-invest in the WS.

I'd bet on the Phillies if they get in. Rangers otherwise. But I'm not a betting guy.

I have had some good intuition calls lately, but if I would have bet hard dollars, they all would have lost. LOL!:LOL:

Playin' with house money!
True enough.:)

I'd bet on the Phillies if they get in. Rangers otherwise. But I'm not a betting guy.

I have had some good intuition calls lately, but if I would have bet hard dollars, they all would have lost. LOL!:LOL:
I'll probably watch the final Philly/Arz game tonight since I know very little about either team. Regardless, I'll probably go with the Rangers anyway. "Home Team, and all that sort of stuff". Anyway, I won't be going to the sports book until tomorrow morning so I have time to think about it.

Last edited:
I'm surprised at the lack of posts for the Diamondbacks. Here's a team that backed into the playoffs, was given little chance of going anywhere once the playoffs started, and have swept the Brewers, Dodgers, and come back from 0-2 to force a Game 7 vs the Phils.

Exciting win last night.

Go D'Backs!

Yes, I'm a new fan of the D-Backs as of last year. I bet I've watched over 50 D-Backs games this year. They can beat the Phillies if they can limit the damage from Harper and Schwarber, and also Realmuto. Rookie D-Backs pitcher Brandon Pfaadt was very sharp in his Game 3 start. If he can bring that again, the D-Backs should win.

They finally unleashed the Chaos last night, stealing four bases, bunting guys over, and running the bases well.

It’s fun for fans whose team is out of it to see good series! Baseball in general is just a good fun game.

It’s fun for fans whose team is out of it to see good series! Baseball in general is just a good fun game.
When I was a kid I loved baseball and knew most of the players and teams pretty dang well. Saw many games in the Astrodome and before that I can remember seeing a few games in the old Buff stadium. That was when Houston only had a minor league team.

Anyone here remember the name of the first Houston major league baseball team before they changed their name to the Astros? Not hard it you are a baseball fan. No fair looking it up.

Last edited:
I do but I won't say....also a beer name :D

Colt 45’s?
Ding, ding, ding... Both correct.

images

I have no idea how/why I remembered that name. Didn’t look it up. Maybe it was Ken Burns’ Baseball.

I have no idea how/why I remembered that name. Didn’t look it up. Maybe it was Ken Burns’ Baseball.
I can still remember when and where I was when I first heard the new teams name. The kid across the street, who was a few years older than me, told me about it. I was about 10 at the time and we were playing catch out in the street. Remember it like it was yesterday. Amazing how some things stick with you like that.

I was transferred to Houston in 1974 and the cheap seats tickets to see the Astros were about $4 (if I remember right). They were not doing well and I would buy a cheap seat and then after the game started just go find a good seat (lots of empties). I thought the Astrodome was simply amazing - they used to call it the 8th wonder of the world and it was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom