Becoming More Frugal

I don't use deodorant as much since I retired... :cool:

DanTien said:
There are quite a few guys that are using blades...anyone besides me using electric?

I used blades until I was 19 (1976)....then quit shaving until about 5 years ago. When I started up agian, I switched to a rechargable Norelco until it died, since then it's a rechargable Braun. When I FIRE in a few months, I may become more frugal and revert back to being a wooly-booger again. That'll save blades and electricity!

2soon2tell said:
For you folks that have ascess to both Costco and Sams. Which store do you prefer and why?

I love these frugality threads. I'm still using one suite long distance that I heard about on this forum.

2soon

I have access to both - I won't shop at Sams. Costco treats employees well, has first class meats and produce! The best computer guarantee on the planet. Costco seems to stock the 'high-end' products.

Sams = Walmart - Enough said! :(

Cut-Throat said:
I have access to both - I won't shop at Sams. Costco treats employees well, has first class meats and produce! The best computer guarantee on the planet. Costco seems to stock the 'high-end' products.

Sams = Walmart - Enough said! :(
Do you have any stock in Costco, CT? or is it just true love?

Cut-Throat said:
What's your beef with Costco? Seems pretty good to me. Saw an interview with their CEO and does not fit the mold of the arrogant, overpaid, greedy typical assholes.
BTW - I have been in and out of Trader Joes a number of times and have not seen any bargains that are worth coming back for. Tried a lot of their cheap wine and did not find a better value than Yellowtail. JMHO though!
No beef, CT, but I do want you to stop trying to discourage me from having my love affair with TJs...my affair with Costco was over a long time ago and I don't feel like going back to her...

Cut-Throat said:
...did not find a better value than Yellowtail. JMHO though!
Great refueling stop: Yellowtail at $6.99/1.5 liters plus the lowest gas prices! Also get cashback on the AmEx card.

DanTien said:
Daughter graduated this year from college and took a job with The St. Joseph Workers - She works with mothers rehabbing from drug use trying to get their children back and also helping women who were brought into the country as sex slaves to escape and establish a normal life.
She lives with 6 other girls in a house in a poor area of Minneapolis with 1 old car provided by the nuns that run the program.
She gets $100 a month spending money, free housing and health insurance...the girls together get $800 a month for groceries and other household expenses...they get freebees like tickets to games theater etc.
She is quite happy doing this at 40+ hours a week! At least she doesn't have to pay taxes...
Education & life experience like this... priceless.

Unfortunately Bell south does not offer naked DSL so I have to have a land line and the DSL charge about 50/month total!

Back
Top Bottom