Best Bank / CU for Checking? Need 1-day ACH

24601NoMore

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hey, everyone. Looking for recommendations for a "hub" bank with good checking and savings accounts - 1 day ACH (must-have), no fees, ATM reimbursement, etc.

Any suggestions?

TIA..

Hey, everyone. Looking for recommendations for a "hub" bank with good checking and savings accounts - 1 day ACH (must-have), no fees, ATM reimbursement, etc.

Any suggestions?

TIA..

I know when I transfer money from my Schwab checking it only takes a day.

NavyArmy CU

3% first $25,000
Reimbursed ATM fees
1 Day ACH

The Catch: Must live in South Texas. 10 debit card transactions which I do 10 $1 Amazon gift cards applied to my account.

Sofi checking/saving now 1.25% with DD. If you withdraw early day, it will probably show up in the afternoon the same day.

Any suggestions?

TIA..

My suggestion is to not expect this from a bank. I use my broker--much higher limits.

Not familiar with one day availability on ACH transfers.

Sofi checking/saving now 1.25% with DD. If you withdraw early day, it will probably show up in the afternoon the same day.

Wow. I’ll probably check into this. Looks like 1.25 % on checking and savings up to 150k. Thanks

I use a Fidelity Brokerage account. Works well for me.

I also have a Schwab checking account for no-fee foreign ATM withdrawals. Even though nowadays with Apple Pay/touch-less credit cards, I rarely use cash.

I hate to say it, but my Wells Fargo account has been great for the last 29 years.

Their bookkeeping system is fantastic. And I have a $10K overdraft line of credit where I don't have to closely watch my checking balances. If it goes in the negative, I'll bounce the money in the account from my credit union.

I could get the same service at the credit union, but their bookkeeping system stinks.

You may also check out Bask Bank they at 1.25% right now

It looks like they don’t offer checking? One thing I really like about Sofi is they say it is a combined checking/savings account. That makes a lot of sense to me. Due to the 6 transaction per month limit on bank savings accounts I need to maintain multiple accounts paying .05-0.7%

We move pretty substantial amounts around fairy often and I am still loyal to Ally bank. They have high daily/monthly transfer limits and the ACH length of transfer times seem more based on the location of the receiving bank than anything else. Paying 0.6% right now. They are our hub, linked to most of our other accounts, and are easy and fast to work with if we need to send a wire to fund a property loan.

Edit: BofA continues not to impress, though I'm trying to be excited about the 2.62% cashback card. They are just painful to work with. Chase is better, but Ally is our go-to for responsiveness and workability. We have some cash sitting in a T-mobile Money account making $400/year more/100k, but it has all sorts of other drawbacks that Ally doesn't: I use Ally to pull and push money to/from T-Mobile to go around some of the drawbacks.

Last edited:
WHy the need for speed on the ACH? Is that requirement for incoming and outgoing ACH?

When I need speedy outgoing transfers, I just have Fidelity wire it from my cash management account. Takes 20 minutes to get there and it's free. Gigantic limits. Incoming wires are posted immediately. ACH is a crapshoot on the way in but one day on the way out.

We have used local Credit Union for years with no issues and no fees. Not sure why anyone would use a bank these days.

I use a Fidelity Brokerage account...

+1

We use a Fidelity CMA. It functions exactly like a checking account but it's under the same roof as all our other money. So transfers are immediate.

No fees, minimums, or goofy requirements. Free checks. ATM fee reimbursements. A 2% cash-back CC. Bill pay. Cash manager tool. Great website. Full View (a Quicken-like in-house account aggregator). Excellent security. Brick and mortar about 20 minutes away if needed.

+1

We use a Fidelity CMA. It functions exactly like a checking account but it's under the same roof as all our other money. So transfers are immediate.

No fees, minimums, or goofy requirements. Free checks. ATM fee reimbursements. A 2% cash-back CC. Bill pay. Cash manager tool. Great website. Full View (a Quicken-like in-house account aggregator). Excellent security. Brick and mortar about 20 minutes away if needed.

+2

We use Fidelity as a one-stop-shop. Moved the remaining $25K in Ally over last month. Now that the Money Market Funds are moving in the right direction, I don't have a need for Ally for my short term cash savings. Rate for SPRXX was .46% this morning and I'm guessing it will pass Ally's .60% soon.

Back
Top Bottom