Best Credit Card for Large Purchases with 0% interest for xx Months

G-Man

Full time employment: Posting here.
Can anyone recommend the best credit card available for large purchases with 0% interest for xx months.

Check out the Doctor Of Credit website. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-current-credit-card-sign-bonuses/

You should get a credit card with the most lucrative sign-up bonus for your lifestyle. Look through the list of best CC sign-up bonuses at the link above. Your anticipated spend of $12-15K should be enough to get you just about the highest possible bonus available for opening a new credit card account. I'm pretty sure you could get a sign-up bonus in the range of $700-1,000 for that level of upfront spending.

Check out the Doctor Of Credit website. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-current-credit-card-sign-bonuses/

You should get a credit card with the most lucrative sign-up bonus for your lifestyle. Look through the list of best CC sign-up bonuses at the link above. Your anticipated spend of $12-15K should be enough to get you just about the highest possible bonus available for opening a new credit card account. I'm pretty sure you could get a sign-up bonus in the range of $700-1,000 for that level of upfront spending.

Thank you very much. I will check it out.

My neighbor had his roof done late last year.

The roofer took the CC for the deposit, but payment for the other 80% had to be cash.

Make certain your roofer will take the CC.

My neighbor had his roof done late last year.

The roofer took the CC for the deposit, but payment for the other 80% had to be cash.

Make certain your roofer will take the CC.

I have confirmed that the roofing company does accept CC payment.

Ask for a discount for paying in cash.
TANSTAAFL.

The CC bonuses will be far greater than any cash discounts. For that kind of money 4 new credit cards will yield at least 2k in points. Tip - apply for 2 cards at the same time. Open 2 different browsers in private mode, filling out all the data, going back and forth. Then submit them as close together as possible. This way the CC companies don't see the other submission. If there is a player 2 in the house, rinse and repeat with the same cards or 2 different ones. Never get joint cards.

Using a credit card might cause the price to go up 2-3% on a roof. Those guys prefer to be paid in cash.

Just got a SW Companion pass for a year and a half. Replacing our roof was one of the big purchases......the offer does not exist now....but checkout airline cards.

Would this hurt my credit score? Right now I have an excellent credit score.

Keep in mind anything over 780 is gravy. yes, 10-20 at most, and it will be temporary. I have received 6 new cards in the last year and mine has stayed above 800 the whole time (barely for a month or two).

Can anyone recommend the best credit card available for large purchases with 0% interest for xx months.

Others have mentioned this, but you absolutely need to make sure that the CC will be accepted after the job, without additional surcharge.

I ran into this, with roofer wanting additional 5% because it cost him that much to run my CC. Of course I new it wasn't true. After brief discussion I got him to put a 2.5% credit on the bill, as the estimate and invoice did not mention anythign about a CC surcharge. I had the cash, and it didn't matter either way. I wrote him a check and made him drive to me to get it.

A surcharge should not necessarily be a deal breaker. For example, if you get the Venture X card, you will receive 2% back + 75,000 points for 4k spending. So the fee would be $120, points earned would be $80 + $750. It's all in the math.

We did this for a remodel of about $10k & got $1100 back (2 cards with same company) ... 10%!

We've done many cards over the years and it's a good feeling for getting free airfare & decent cash rewards. If I need a boost to get the bonuses, I just prepay utilities...

A surcharge should not necessarily be a deal breaker. For example, if you get the Venture X card, you will receive 2% back + 75,000 points for 4k spending. So the fee would be $120, points earned would be $80 + $750. It's all in the math.

I'm also looking for 0% interest for xx months as well.

We did this for a remodel of about $10k & got $1100 back (2 cards with same company) ... 10%!

We've done many cards over the years and it's a good feeling for getting free airfare & decent cash rewards. If I need a boost to get the bonuses, I just prepay utilities...

What CC did you get? Just curious.

Our roofer accepted 100% in CC.

Looks like this card is great. 12 months no interest and $300 back when you spend $3K in 6 months.

Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express

Back
Top Bottom