Best Deal on Adobe Acrobat?

Qs Laptop

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Where can I get the best deal on Adobe Acrobat PDF program? I'd be looking for a one-time purchase, and not a subscription.

Not looking for the read-only program I can get that just about anywhere, but I want the one where I can edit documents.

I've been using Nitro Pro for several years and I've just discovered some deficiencies, so I want to step up to the de facto standard PDF program.

Last edited:
I subscribe to Adobe Acrobat. I did get a free one year Adobe Pro subscription when I bought a new scanner in 2022. So there's that if it is still offered.

I tried many other alternatives and none of them met my needs. I need something where I can take my scanned in PDFs and then OCR them in a batch (which I then upload to Evernote and can search easily all my scanned in documents). If I didn't need the batch OCR function there were cheaper alternatives. About a year ago I did trials of a lot of different programs and none could do what I needed.

Last edited:
When I retired in 2009, I had to but Office and Adobe Acrobat. Office was about $100, but Acrobat was about $300.
I am still using both of them, but recently came across a problem and had to use Reader because the file would not open in my Acrobat program.
Thanks Michael, I just ordered the 2020 version from Amazon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom