Best Experiences

Best things:
Going a 2 week river cruise (Grand European Tour).
Spending over 2 months at my family cabin in the Summer.
Spending a lot of time talking with my DFIL to learn about his life, as my Dad died when I was too young to listen to him so I know very little about him and his life.

Worst thing:
Wasting time due to lack of structure, what joy is there is watching commercials on tv.

It is great to spend quality time with loved ones. My elderly dad does not travel any more, but I convinced him to take a short trip that I arranged. He is rather religious, interested in history and lives in KY. I took him on a "religious weirdos of KY" tour. We stayed at the Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill and used that as our home base. (I HIGHLY recommend the Shaker village! You stay in the 200 year old Shaker buildings and there is lots to see. It is one of the least known and best attractions in KY. It is close enough to Mammoth cave national park to day trip there.) From there we visited Cane Ridge historic meeting house and home of ecstatic religious events of the early 1800s. Then we went to Gethsemani Abbey where Thomas Merton was a monk. That was close enough to Bardstown (the bourbon capital) that we also went there. Dad loved the trip and talks about it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom