Best Places to Retire?; Need Two....

Attachments

• redrock.jpg
    redrock.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 85
  • redrock.jpg_thumb
    36.2 KB · Views: 1
Sedona, Arizona will give you the red rocks and beautiful scenery. A lovely place, but you couldn't buy a small townhouse there for $300,000

REWahoo! said:
I'm guessing that "Power: None" note might be a little problematic....

Could be.... but would be a great spot for solar power.

That 150 acre plot for $330K sure looks like it beats the heck out of the half-acre lots they're trying to sell around here for $275-285K!

But could this be a problem?

"Lot: Exclude Mineral Rights"

Does this mean your 150 acre paradise could turn into a strip mine?

AltaRed said:
I think having that much land in 2 places is high maintenance and highly vulnerable to trespassers. What happens when you are not at one of the two places for a number of months? Someone could camp out and virtually destroy the place without a neighbour even being aware. I can't imagine taking those risks.

Thats too funny...never even considered that someone would be living out in the back of my 200 acres...heck, I have parts of my property I've never even explored yet, and most I've only walked once a year or so...I should check it out...may Osama Bin Laden is hiding out in my woods! Don't really buy that its much of a risk...thats what umbrella policies are for.

I leave my place for months at a time...I know hunters go out back, but I never see them - and as long as I don't see them, I don't mind much.

OldMcDonald said:
Thats too funny...never even considered that someone would be living out in the back of my 200 acres...heck, I have parts of my property I've never even explored yet, and most I've only walked once a year or so...I should check it out...may Osama Bin Laden is hiding out in my woods! Don't really buy that its much of a risk...thats what umbrella policies are for.

I leave my place for months at a time...I know hunters go out back, but I never see them - and as long as I don't see them, I don't mind much.

The liability part isn't the issue. Vandalism and destruction of property is the larger risk. It is not unheard of that hardened criminals camp out in places (including buildings) that are not frequented much, nor is it unheard of that local high school party animals locate and use such properties (and virtually destroy them) as a result of their 'activities'.

AltaRed said:
...nor is it unheard of that local high school party animals locate and use such properties (and virtually destroy them) as a result of their 'activities'.

Todays youth must have learned a thing or two from their parents/grandparents.  Sounds just like some of the stunts my peers pulled in the 50's.

Back
Top Bottom