Best Prepaid Sim for International Travel

Just very happy with my T-mobile international coverage that works seamlessly as I cross international borders.

I’m glad to hear this endorsement. We switched to Google FI for our fall Euro trip, which worked flawlessly. However, it’s more expensive than we planned and, of course, service is online. And, it turns out, if one is an iPhone user like us, Google FI runs on the TMobile towers in the US anyway. So we plan to visit the TMobile Sprint store soon and perhaps cut out the middle person.

May I ask which TMobile plan you and other fans here are on? We are two adults +55 and we pay for a niece, all on iPhones.

Last edited:
Our experience is that it does not take 'hours' to buy a local sim.

So a little research prior to departure. Determine what carrier sim you want to buy. Buy it at the airport when you arrive or near your hotel. Fifteen minutes max.

It is really as simple as that. The trick is to understand what you are buying. Easier to do this before you leave home than when you arrive at your destination.

I’m glad to hear this endorsement. We switched to Google FI for our fall Euro trip, which worked flawlessly. However, it’s more expensive than we planned and, of course, service is online. And, it turns out, if one is an iPhone user like us, Google FI runs on the TMobile towers in the US anyway. So we plan to visit the TMobile Sprint store soon and perhaps cut out the middle person.

May I ask which TMobile plan you and other fans here are on? We are two adults +55 and we pay for a niece, all on iPhones.
We use the Magenta Max 55+ plan for $90 because we use the tethering quite a bit plus it saves us ~$12 on Netflix. It has other upgrades including 2x the slower supported overseas data speed.

The regular T-mobile Magenta 55+ plan is $70 for 2 lines I believe. And there is a cheaper one with more restrictions.

I believe the 55+ plans are limited to 1 or 2 lines. 1 line is half the price. https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone...hprfykyKu3eb-WEQcw4aAv49EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
We use the Magenta Max 55+ plan for $90 because we use the tethering quite a bit plus it saves us ~$12 on Netflix. It has other upgrades including 2x the slower supported overseas data speed.

The regular T-mobile Magenta 55+ plan is $70 for 2 lines I believe. And there is a cheaper one with more restrictions.

I believe the 55+ plans are limited to 1 or 2 lines. 1 line is half the price. https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone...hprfykyKu3eb-WEQcw4aAv49EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

+1
We have been on T-Mobile for years and have eventually helped convince/ migrate all of our family members over.
Just for our annual family trip to Aruba alone, they are all saving money on roaming and everyone loves the T-Mobile Magenta Plan (we're on the Max 55+ plan as well). I'm not sure any other carriers offer better service, benefits or a better deal for those of us over 55.
Plus, we're getting Free Netflix, Apple TV+ and Paramount Plus on T-Mobile.
(Not trying to be an ad for T-Mobile).

Has anyone used Vegolink? What appeals to me about Vegolink is the data is good for one year and can easily be extended beyond one year. While there are less expensive options, they have a short expiration date, which makes them more expensive and hassle for a planned couple of weeks now and another couple of weeks in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom