Best Title for Being Retired?

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The LinkedIn thread got me thinking (I haven't been on LinkedIn for a few years now) about "titles". I have seen some fairly amusing titles people have used in lieu of the plain 'ole boring "retired". Such as "Personal Wealth Advisor".

What are some titles that you have heard/used that are entertaining?

I think I am going to be the Founder/CEO of the Life of Leisure Institute. :D

I periodically tell people that I'm the Executive Vice President of Vandelay Industries. Just to see if they get the Seinfeld reference.

I have a T-shirt for Vandelay Industries. Every now and then, I will get a grin when I am out and about it public. I also have a "Penske" file I will walk around with at w*rk when I want to look busy! :)

Since I have stopped working I feel like my status should be called "ReEngergized". 'Tired' has nothing to do with it.

I use investment manager.

Because it's true and sounds impressive.

This morning my job title was: Fire Ant Behavior Analyst & Assassin

This afternoon, I'm changing to: Hummingbird Nectar Mixologist

Boss at Intrepid Traveler

Rear admiral.

Hur, hur, hur...

I just used "consultant." Maybe I should change it to something else (boobie inspector, 5 star resort mystery shopper, etc.), since 9 months later I am about to start a consulting gig.

I periodically tell people that I'm the Executive Vice President of Vandelay Industries. Just to see if they get the Seinfeld reference.

I tell folks I am a volunteer for the "Human Fund" charity.:D

One needs to look no further than user names in this forum. The one that will get my vote is "FIREd."

If you like subtlety, how about imoldernu, travelover, or NW-bound?

If you want to laugh at others who are still working, haha is appropriate.

If you like direct approach, happy2bretired is a classic. Corporateburout is not too far behind on being direct.

Have to think about it. 'Sundowner' comes to mind... unlike the swagman, the sundowner shows up at the evening meal, when all the work's been done lol

How about 'CEO of Sundowner Unlimited'?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom