Best traveling and road trip songs

I imagine I'm in the minority here, but I've never cared much for his voice.

However.....I love his tooshie! :D

Yes, God was good to Bruce in that respect;)

Attachments

• bruce.jpg
    bruce.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 103
Willie was on Larry King last night and was asked if he still smoked grass regularly. Willie said that his lungs will not take it any more so he used a vaporizer to breathe it. Thats' a new one on me but leave it ot Willie to come up with a clever way to "relax."

Vapes are a great way to inhale products (including tobacco) without getting most of the carcinogens or other nasties. So of course the FDA is trying to outlaw them. Can't encourage "bad" behavior, even if it's safer. :rolleyes:

HHarry, I like the original of that Road Goes on Forever, written (and sung) by Robert Earl Keen.
However, the quintessential road trip song for me is 6 Days on the Road as sung by Steve Earle. Love trucker songs!

Yeah, I can just see you guys cruising down the road in the Argosy listening to...

YouTube - C.W. McCall - Convoy

:LOL:

Yeah, I can just see you guys cruising down the road in the Argosy listening to...

:LOL:

Oh I loved that--as I'm sure many others did, during the CB craze of the 70s, loved learning all the different codes for different questions asked by the truckers and even convinced my dad to put one in the Vistacruiser wagon so we could listen in on road trips. :D

Oh I loved that--as I'm sure many others did, during the CB craze of the 70s, loved learning all the different codes for different questions asked by the truckers and even convinced my dad to put one in the Vistacruiser wagon so we could listen in on road trips. :D
During the CB era one of the more technically oriented members of my aircrew discovered our HF radio covered the CB radio wavelengths. I'd love to know just how many truckers heard our "breaker one nine" call from 35,000 feet over Montana with a transmitter several hundred times more powerful than a 5 watt CB unit... >:D

This is not necessarily trip music, but since the main point (I assume) is music. I'm getting where I really like this guy/guitar player. The group Gov't Mule. He also plays and travels with Greg Allman, to help him sound good as in the old days. I understand he does big benefit shows in North Carolina every year or so too. Now that I'm retired and have more laid back time, I'm getting back to the music.
He's not necessarily pretty to look at but man/lady is he talented..
Hope Some Of You Enjoy This.
Steve

YouTube - Gov't Mule - Banks of the Deep End (Tail of 2 Cities DVD)

And to add one in, that reminds me of my younger days where I made a secret trip on a weekend, during my high school years. Alabama to Fort Hood/ Austin Tx. and back in a weekend without my parents knowing. Back in school Monday morning, can you believe it? Totally illegitimate and somewhat illegal, running around 90 MH all the way there and back. I wouldn't even think about doing such BS today. :D I want even mention any other illegal activities I may or may not have been involved in during this trip :angel:.

Had a good friend stationed there at the time, Army.
Don't know if it's travel music to you but it sure as Hell was that weekend. I listened to the 8 track all the way there and back. With some other stuff mixed in.
Steve
For those that don't know, this is Joe Walsh's group, back in the day. Way before he played with the Eagles.
Here it is: YouTube - The James Gang - Funk #49

And here's another Mule cover song. Best cover of the old group "Mountain" I've ever heard:
This is what another person had to say about this group on youtube:
Cover band? This is Gov't Mule!
The singer/guitarist is Warren Haynes from The Allman Brothers and The Dead (ex Grateful Dead members band). He was no. 23 on Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Guitarists of all time.
YouTube - Gov't Mule-Mississippi Queen LIVE-6-30-1999

I re-watched the movie a few nights ago and immediately thought of this thread. The music genre and era really fits the story of a group of older guys hitting the road on their bikes.

Back
Top Bottom